What's new

Acquisitions for August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Frank Shaving brushes are here:

proxy.php

The first model is a "Lindisfarne" in Finest, high gloss black finish. This one cost £10 plus p&p. The particular copy I got has a loft of approximately 55mm, while in the item description it is advertised as 58mm. This model has a spec knot of 22 and a handle of 60mm height. It comes in a very nice black very hard paper box, with instructions on caring for the brush. The brush itself inside the box is found in a thin synthetic cover/pouch.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The second one is the "Warwick" in faux ebony handle and Best hair. This one cost £12 plus p&p, which for both brushes was $11, or about £6. The loft here is measured to be between 53 and 54mm, while in the eBay item description it is referenced as 50mm. This brush has a knot which bears a larger diameter than the "Lindisfarne" above (the knot here is supposed to be 23mm). There are a few knot hairs that could have been placed more evenly, but for the price paid the item appears to offer exceptional value for money (of course a few test runs will have to confirm this in actual use as well).

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Both brushes are very well balanced. I did not buy some other variants as I had heard or read that they are very light - but not these. These specific specimens feel very sturdy and excellently balanced weight-wise. Given the money paid for the two, and the first impressions following their arrival, I am very happy on this purchase. Actual shaves will naturally have to follow along the same route in order to give these products a 'highly recommended' rating. Both brushes come with black colour plastic stands.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
So far, a NOS Rover and a Pelikan M400, plus a number of inks at Art Brown together with a few Rhodia pads...

I just got three packs of Personna 74s and one of English Wilkinson Swords for about $7 all told. Can't wait to see if they live up to all of the hype!

Pretty good month so far. Not many purchases but a few really awesome ones.

This arrived today, a gold empire ABC set.
proxy.php

proxy.php

And last week my town had its citywide garage sales. Found this, in perfect working order for $50

proxy.php

What makes the G bar Different from the other gem's is it just a different model or an Improved Model ?
The gem had a different bars from the beginning. If it's an improvement depends on each shavers preference. It can be an improvement or not. A lot of the different changes in razors bar had to do with marketing and research from each company. The changes were made to make it better and to sell more , however the consensus is the 1912. We all think it's the best GEM eva.

Attachments

• $2702099.jpg
    $2702099.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 325
  • $3Tttz5rbCIjj4wQsb2obBQ.jpg
    $3Tttz5rbCIjj4wQsb2obBQ.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 322
  • $GEM_Micromatic-4.jpg
    $GEM_Micromatic-4.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 320
  • $razorgemjunior3a.jpg
    $razorgemjunior3a.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 320
I have a nice razor-sized lv5+ Ozuku Asagi coming from JNS/Maksim, a 7/8 NOS Globusmen and a new 8/8 Flaschner coming in as well.
Good month for the AD's, but no eating until September! :001_smile

Originally Posted by 72plymsatellite

u know what the prob is with this site................... it makes me want to go out and buy more shaving gear.

and thats a problem because ??????

cuz i cant buy all this stuff man lol well i could i suppose but am i willing to pay the money for it is the question.

a friend of the family found out about my hobby "wife would call it obsession bordering on mental problem" and kindy gave me these. I admit, im a SE guy and know almost nothing about G adjustables. The vulfix brush is TINY and i will keep for travel use, but the rest will probably end up on BST soon. Date codes top-Z1, mid I3, bottom- M3 england. The bottom one ive never seen before.

Attachments

• $IMG00455.jpg
    $IMG00455.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 246
  • $IMG00451.jpg
    $IMG00451.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 244
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom