What's new

Acquisitions for August 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I added a Knack to my den. Purchased my first Mama Bear Soap Hydrogen, and a puck of St. Charles Dagger.
I am going to buy a boar brush also soon.

Wow i Scored this nice Minty Gem, In Original Case, with Seal around case, so it has not even been opened yet. it was hard to make out what it was when i was purchasing it because the picture was so tiny, I knew it was a Gem just didn't know what kind or what Condition till i got it for sure. Got This one for $5.50 cents WOW.

Attachments

• $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case.jpg
    $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 369
  • $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (2).jpg
    $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (2).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 371
  • $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (3).jpg
    $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (3).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 369
  • $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (4).jpg
    $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (4).jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 372
  • $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (5).jpg
    $Gem WIth G on Handle New in Case (5).jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 372
Wow i Scored this nice Minty Gem, In Original Case, with Seal around case, so it has not even been opened yet. it was hard to make out what it was when i was purchasing it because the picture was so tiny, I knew it was a Gem just didn't know what kind or what Condition till i got it for sure. Got This one for $5.50 cents WOW.

Sweet score on that G-Bar! Congratulations!

I had a pretty strange weekend as far as RAD goes. I did not find a single razor but plenty of brushes and other stuff.
proxy.php

The razor bath is neat. I have my razor soaking in Barbacide.
The Every-Ready is like new.
The brush in the back is Macy Associated pure badger and I don't think it has been used. It goes in the tube.
The brush up front is a Case (Made in England).
proxy.php

I also picked this up. I have seen one before on B&B. The Tech was already in my collection but I used it just to give some kind of aspect of the size of the Little Miss Evans. There are a few extra blades included. I don't think I will keep it, though. It just doesn't 'fit' in my collection.

Old Spice? Glass instead of plastic? Clipper Ship instead of Yacht? Does P&G sell it in the UK like that, or is that vintage Shulton?

It's made by P&G. Apparently, P&G UK still puts Old Spice in glass bottles. There are two better pictures and more information here.

A Chesora 1k arrived this morning, despite the best attempts of either the Dutch or Irish postal services trying to damage it.

It's made by P&G. Apparently, P&G UK still puts Old Spice in glass bottles. There are two better pictures and more information here.
Thanks. In one of the referenced threads, it was mentioned that the Old Spice AS made in India (and sold in red plastic bottles) is the original Shulton formula. Does anyone know for certain?

Also, there are some strong opinions as to whether the formula was ever changed at all, as opposed to the scent or personal perceptions changing over time. Sigh.

I went down to S. FL this weekend to help my parents clean out what's left of Uncle Bob's estate and found a couple things.

proxy.php

I think I'll be using the talc regularly. I used it after I shaved and liked the effect. I've never really used anything like that, but I think when it runs out (some day) I'll refill it with Clubman talc.

The Superspeed was a little grimy and had some rust and plate loss under the head. I already have one just like it from him, so I cleaned it up good and put it in my BST/PIF box.

Also, when we got home, my brother found the razor that he had found on the last trip. He put it somewhere for me and couldn't remember where. He had said that it was "longer than that one" (the superspeed above), it had a dial on it, and it was in a cheap plastic case, white and clear. I had an idea what it was, but didn't expect much. Here's how we found it:

proxy.php

I opened it up and found an immaculate Gillette Slim. I think it may have been used once. Perfect paint, no soap scum, nothing but a tiny bit of dust(?) that was easily wiped off. This thing is perfect! :001_wub: Here are some pics:

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php
proxy.php

The pics don't really do it justice. The flash picked up every speck of dust on there. The box cleaned up alright, too. Not perfect by any means, but acceptable. Some cracking and dirt stains on the back side but the hinges are intact and it closes nicely.

Thanks again, Uncle Bob! Miss you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom