What's new

Acquisitions 1st March - 7th March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I picked up these brushes the last two days. Left to Right, the black one is a Everready of some kind. Pretty stiff dry.

The second is a no name, it's painted. A heavy, durable paint of some sort and the brush is soft. I'm not sure why the brush seems locked in a twirl. I used it last night face lathering. Softer then I am used to!

The last one (red and white) is a sanax and I don't think it's been used, at least not very much. The plastic handle is very nice and doesn't have the injection molding marks and has subtle yellow striations in it. It's a little softer then the black one, I'll be trying it tonight.

Not up to snuff with that beautiful Pall Mall that Brian found. That's what had me going back out today.

-jim

Here are the brushes (Thanks to Scott aka Groundhog for the Semogue!! :thumbup1:):
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Straights and a Swaty:

Best silver steel wedge with bone scales
proxy.php

proxy.php

Greaves Old Tippecanoe
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Weird Wade and Butcher
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cumber-something Manchester
proxy.php

proxy.php

Wade and Butcher For Barber's Use (the older kind)
proxy.php

proxy.php

SSA Eskilstuna razor (very little hone wear though the pictures look bad)
proxy.php

proxy.php

Chipped Boker King Cutter with long tail (I'll make it a mini razor someday)
proxy.php

Swaty 3 line (I think)
proxy.php

Waiting on 5 more straights (2 union cutlery, a chipped Kama I'll try to fix, a Heljestrand 31, and an Engels)

looks like you have some work to do, my friend. Enjoy.

That's a great brush too, BTW:thumbup1:

Yup, a LOT of work. I'm starting with the Rooney. The bristles are brittle, so they are on their way out.

And yea, I can already tell I'm really gonna like this Semogue. The tips are soft in a different way from badger, and it lathers well.

Yup, a LOT of work. I'm starting with the Rooney. The bristles are brittle, so they are on their way out.

And yea, I can already tell I'm really gonna like this Semogue. The tips are soft in a different way from badger, and it lathers well.

I was looking at a very similar one on the Bay.....:blink:

Tell me you are the lucky new owner of that one??

Love that brush! Does it have any markings that say "Rooney," or does it just have the "pure bistles sterilized" sticker?

Okay...feel a little silly asking this...but if it says pure bristles...there's no chance it can be badger?

- Sameer

I was looking at a very similar one on the Bay.....:blink:

Tell me you are the lucky new owner of that one??

I'm not sure. This one was a buy it now that cfriend gave me a heads-up on. :thumbup1:

Okay...feel a little silly asking this...but if it says pure bristles...there's no chance it can be badger?

- Sameer

Pure bristles usually means boar. This one is (was) a boar brush. I'll soon put a new badger knot in it.

Good deal and great job. It amazes me how gunky these razors get and how durable the plating is that they can be polished back to their former glory!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom