What's new

4.8 earthquake here

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
[...] Our daughter a few miles away said her cats freaked out and were hiding somewhere. [...] [
1712348179772.jpeg
]

[...] Best joke at that time was a picture of an outside table and lawn chairs, with one chair on its side and the caption "Oh, the humanity."
njpaddy:
:lol1:

proxy.php

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
Holy crap, we just had a very strong aftershock!!! The whole house shook and it scared the living hell out of us and the dogs....
Do not need this!!!!

Just looking at Google Earth, it looks like there's a nice distinct fault running south toward you from the St. Lawrence, through Albany and NYC.

The good news is that the risk of anything bigger in that part of the continent is very small, nice and stable overall.

Holy crap, we just had a very strong aftershock!!! The whole house shook and it scared the living hell out of us and the dogs....
Do not need this!!!!
Edit: the aftershock was 4.0
I was just going to say the same thing Rudy. Hopefully we can sleep without bed surfing. Glad you and the Mrs. are ok, my wife was home while I was near Asbury Park at work, I felt the first 4.8 one down there. Wife said the first one felt strong, the 4.0 aftershock felt like the first one where I worked earlier. My reaction I believe was “not this s*it again” as I sat down for dinner tonight. :laugh:

Larry

Earthquake GIF by James Curran

Last edited:

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I was just going to say the same thing Rudy. Hopefully we can sleep without bed surfing. Glad you and the Mrs. are ok, my wife was home while I was near Asbury Park at work, I felt the first 4.8 one down there. Wife said the first one felt strong, the 4.0 aftershock felt like the first one where I worked earlier. My reaction I believe was “not this s*it again” as I sat down for dinner tonight. :laugh:

Larry

Earthquake GIF by James Curran
Larry:
...switch up...eat dinner 'under the table' and the use plastic flatware...no mess. :lol1:

proxy.php
“It takes an earthquake to remind us that we walk on the crust of an unfinished planet.” Charles Kuralt

Top Bottom