365 Shaves

2 Jan 2013

Cadet OC/Weber Bulldog handle
Gillette Silver Blue
Vintage Blades 24mm
Proraso Red/Arko
WH
Klar Seifen Sandalwood

Awesome shave with a great new razor and brush (purchased before the 1st).

I can't get my Cadet OC head to fit other handles, the center screw post is too long for any of the handles I have... damn thing like like a full inch long or so...

Yesterday/1 Jan 2013:
Razor- Edwin Jagger Chatsworth
Blade- Feather
Brush- Rooney 3/1
Shave Cream- Castle Forbes Lavender
ASB- Castle Forbes Lavender

Today/2 Jan 2013:
Same as yesterday.

Last edited:
I can't get my Cadet OC head to fit other handles, the center screw post is too long for any of the handles I have... damn thing like like a full inch long or so...

Turns out it's a Fatip head, not a Cadet. I just received it this morning and used it today. My apologies for the confusion.

Turns out it's a Fatip head, not a Cadet. I just received it this morning and used it today. My apologies for the confusion.

Damn! I was hoping you'd figured out something I hadn't... lol I don't have a Fatip... head nor razor... lol

4-pass BBS daily shaves!?!? :scared:

I doubt it will be a 4 pass BBS shave everyday, but I thought I would ring in the new year right. Although after that shave last night, there is not much to shave today :biggrin1:. In the spirit of this thread, I will lather up and do a couple of passes.

I doubt it will be a 4 pass BBS shave everyday, but I thought I would ring in the new year right. Although after that shave last night, there is not much to shave today :biggrin1:. In the spirit of this thread, I will lather up and do a couple of passes.

I am both blessed and cursed... I'm blessed that my face tolerates a daily 4 pass shave, assuming I don't mangle my technique horribly... I'm cursed in that it actually grows fast enough it's pretty obvious after 24 hours that it's been 24 hours since I last shaved. lol

My face definitely wouldn't be able to handle 4 passes daily

I usually shave about 4 times a week so I can't join this club :(

I am both blessed and cursed... I'm blessed that my face tolerates a daily 4 pass shave, assuming I don't mangle my technique horribly... I'm cursed in that it actually grows fast enough it's pretty obvious after 24 hours that it's been 24 hours since I last shaved. lol

or doubly blessed that you are REQUIRED to shave every day. :)

$IMG_1157.jpg

My 7-day schedule begins with a daily shave; and I'll frequently post here. Perhaps each of us might benefit from a multiuser e-journal on shaving. Good idea.

Jan.1:
DE89/T2 barrel
SuperMax SP blade
Semogue 830 brush
Palmolive Shave Stick
Post-shave Witch Hazel
Post-shave Zdrave Cream

Smooth shave and I'm enjoying the newly found, for me, Palmolive Shave Stick--best shave soap ever for me. Just switched from ARKO, MWF, Proraso (green and sensitive skin formulations), and Taylor of Bond St (several different formulations over the years).

Jan. 2
Same as above resulted in an excellent shave. Day #2 on the SuperMax SP blade.

Last edited:

Yes, well, only required by myself. My job doesn't care how much or how long I grow scruff for. lol That being said, the LOTH would get a bit... er... cold towards amorous advances if I went very long, so second thought, it is indeed required. lol

My face definitely wouldn't be able to handle 4 passes daily

I usually shave about 4 times a week so I can't join this club :(

Yes, well, only required by myself. My job doesn't care how much or how long I grow scruff for. lol That being said, the LOTH would get a bit... er... cold towards amorous advances if I went very long, so second thought, it is indeed required. lol

Blessed those whose skin can take such 4-pass BBS abuse every day! I'm envious! I can't take ATG at all, and can do 3 passes only every other day. I'm happy with my daily 2-pass DFS shaves though.

Jan 02: Thater 4125/1 2-band, Institut Karite (finished sample), Merkur 34C, Astra Sp (3), Brut

Blessed those whose skin can take such 4-pass BBS abuse every day! I'm envious! I can't take ATG at all, and can do 3 passes only every other day. I'm happy with my daily 2-pass DFS shaves though.

All said and done, being happy is all that really counts. :thumbup:

Tonight's shave 1/2/2013
gillette ss flare tip z3 with super iridium blade
simpson colonel x2l in best badger
qcs- queen charlotte scent
3 pass = ccs
spieck ASB

It's been about 10 shaves now with this razor, blade, and brush combo and I am really liking the results I get from it. I have some new soaps on the way. Can't wait to give them a go.

Let me try. I often shave more than once a day so I think I can do this. So far, 3 shaves:

Junjie razor with a Personna Red and Ogallala Rum with Peppercorn and limes.
Then I started a planned week or so with an Everyready 1912 and Gem blade using Cade soap.

I'll check back every week or so to report any challenges I've faced.

Day 3: 3-Jan-2013

Razor: Weber ARC with Bulldog Handle
Blade: Lord Platinum (3) and out
Soap: Proraso (Green old formula) - trying to kill this tub before the end of Summer
Brush: Semogue 820 Boar

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Day 3: 3-Jan-2013

Razor: Weber ARC with Bulldog Handle
Blade: Lord Platinum (3) and out
Soap: Proraso (Green old formula) - trying to kill this tub before the end of Summer
Brush: Semogue 820 Boar

I keep forgetting that you're something like 37-1/2 hours ahead of us.

Top Bottom