What's new

365 Shaves

So someone mentioned in the 2013 Restraint about shaving each and every day to help use up product, so this is a thread for anyone looking to get a shave every day in 2013 to track progress, challenges, and how we got by them, as well as some SOTD pics, I'm sure.

My first shave of the year was a straight shave with a new straight I got yesterday in the mail.

I'll be trying for a shave a day for the year as well. I also plan on tracking which products I use, so I can see which ones are getting the most use in my den.

I won't be posting my daily shaves in here, but for Day 1 it was: Gillette SS Rocket & Shavemac D01

Rain or shine. Sick or Not. Home or Camping. I will try to shave every day.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Thanks for starting this thread. Sometimes it's hard to keep track of things like this. This is just the place to do it.

So today is shave #1.

The only challenge I'll run into is some of my camping trips, where I'll have to be creative with using bottled water and, possibly KMF brushless cream I have here already.

I'm already out as I'm not shaving today. Had such a good shave before the New Year festivities that there's nothing but skin to shave today. Good luck to all y'all. This as well as the purchase restraints are things I'd never try for e on myself but if y'all enjoy these things then definitely have fun with it. Cheers!

OldSaw

The wife's investment
The only challenge I'll run into is some of my camping trips, where I'll have to be creative with using bottled water and, possibly KMF brushless cream I have here already.

You could also use a disposable or a cartridge on those days.

You could also use a disposable or a cartridge on those days.

Dare I say....Cordless Rotary :scared:

Ah, see, here's the rub. I do not own any of such things (nor would I ever own anything electric... ever...). Since they are all indeed shaving items, purchasing said things for the camping would break my restraint, so I'll have to make due with what I have here already. lol

1. 2012/1/1 Tabac, RV beehive with D01 3 band 22mm/46mm, British SS, Polsilver blade [2], Boosters Mosswood
  2. 2012/1/2 Tabac, RV beehive with D01 3 band 22mm/46mm, British SS, Polsilver blade [3], vintage Old Spice
  3. 2012/1/3 Tabac, RV beehive with D01 3 band 22mm/46mm, British SS, Polsilver blade [4], vintage Old Spice
  4. 2012/1/4 Tabac, RV beehive with D01 3 band 22mm/46mm, British SS, Polsilver blade [5], English Leather

Last edited:
I always shave every day so this won't be much of a challenge for me. But in the spirit of the thread, count me in. Day 1 was my 1st shave with an O-1 Super Adjustable that came in the mail yesterday. Blade of choice was a Personna Lab. And the soap was Arko.

Day 1. (from yesterday)

Razor: Weber ARC with Bulldog Handle
Blade: Lord Platinum (1)
Soap: Proraso Green (old formula)
Brush: Omega #36 Boar

Last edited:
I'm in, today was R41 and cella..
but not sure if I can post every days shave..every day is going to be tabac or cella razors will be a straight/r41/stahly
i'll post if I miss a day..how abt that?

Easy join for me as I shave every day anyway :D

Yesterday (and today) :-

1. Dermalogica for Men preshave
2. Semogue Owner's Club 2 band
3. Proraso green & white cream
4. Edwin Jagger DE89BA11 packing a Feathers blade.
5. Alum block
6. Dermalogica for Men Aftershave Balm
7. Dermalogica for Men 'Daily Defence' ('kay its moisturiser).

I'm in. I shave everyday, and started the year with an old school razor. I shouldn't miss unless I get really sick.

Used a Gem 1912 with KMF lavender and a green everready brush with a 22mm finest fan knot.

Tomorrow will be my new Razorock little bastone with mystic water sandalwood rose with a TGN 20mm finest bulb knot in an everready badgerlon.

i plan to shave everyday too...i usually do shave daily..i do about 10 times per week....7 nights for the face and 3 times per week for morning head shaves in the shower.

i think since this will be my first full year for DE/SE shaving...i should use up a nice amount of product....

Top Bottom