What's new

1st Annual Straight Razor/Wet Shaving Convention

Looks like we are set to have this super event on Saturday 10/20 at the Hampton Inn Chicago River North in downtown Chicago. All vendors are welcome to contact me or Charlie Larman to get signed up. We're working on getting a link for you to get rooms. I'll probably hang out Friday night and the leave after brunch Sunday. We will be having presentations, vendor displays and hopefully some shaving and honing demonstrations and assistance. All other forums are welcome to participate with us and enjoy this event. Feel free to let us know what you would like to see or hear about as well.

Start making your plans now.

Special thanks to Charlie Larman for his help on this project!!!!

Lynn

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It's great that you could make this happen! Should be great! As always happens, some people will have other committments at the chosen time, but if you waited for everyone to be available, we'd be doing this in 2012!! :w00t:

(BTW, I won't be able to make it due to previous committments ... :001_huh: ... but everyone have fun!!)

I have my company's senior management meeting beginning on 10/21 but I'll be in Chicago. Wouldn't miss the opportunity to be at the first one!!!

I'm thinking this would provide a great opportunity for a whole lotta selling a trading action between members. Imagine - no shipping costs, being able to see the other guy's stuff, and instant gratification....

-Mo

I'm thinking this would provide a great opportunity for a whole lotta selling a trading action between members. Imagine - no shipping costs, being able to see the other guy's stuff, and instant gratification....

-Mo

+1...another excuse to stay at the In-Laws!!!

Someone should contact the few Barber Shops, there in Chicago, like T&H at 900 N. Michigan.

-Jim

Nice work setting this up, Lynn.

Do you know if there would be a significant group discount on the room rates?

-Mo

I posted a question about a conference and received zilch for answers. Is there one scheduled for Oct for sure.?
I hope I haven't offended anyone-Why I've even started usiung a deodorant. I really would like an answer:mad: :mad: :redface: Connman::::smile: :::biggrin:

I posted a question about a conference and received zilch for answers. Is there one scheduled for Oct for sure.?
I hope I haven't offended anyone-Why I've even started usiung a deodorant. I really would like an answer:mad: :mad: :redface: Connman::::smile: :::biggrin:

What is it your asking? Where did you post a question?

My original posting was an answer to the discussion on a get together of the Straight razor guys and/ wet shavers. I beleieve I did it in the last week of May

Is it on ?
Where ? and When?
Do you need an invite

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it. I notice there seems to be a dialog between a lot of the members who have known each for a while. I've picked up a lot from their Q, and A's. Perhaps I should log some time before I ask too many questions.
Art

My original posting was an answer to the discussion on a get together of the Straight razor guys and/ wet shavers. I beleieve I did it in the last week of May

Is it on ?
Where ? and When?
Do you need an invite

Thanks for asking, I appreciate it. I notice there seems to be a dialog between a lot of the members who have known each for a while. I've picked up a lot from their Q, and A's. Perhaps I should log some time before I ask too many questions.
Art

I missed your question. I'm not following this thread as I won't be able to attend. Here is the info you are looking for.

Randy

Yup, it is on for Oct 20 and no, you do not need an invite.:smile: I will be attending for sure and I hope all you guys show up!

Now all I have to do is find a hand truck (dolly) that will haul 400 razors and three grocery bags of hones!:biggrin:

Is it on ?
Where ? and When?
Do you need an invite

Art

I asked where because I missed the latest post. I saw one post in March and thought the whole deal t was still tenative. I'm also new at this.
Thanks for the response.

Art C

Here is the Hotel info and the booking info. Look forward to meeting a lot of you in Chicago!!!!

Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 6:51 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Online booking instructions

Group: Charlie Larman Group
Group Code: CHA
Group Rate: $199.00/$209.00/$219.00/$229.00

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Chicago. You can make your guest room reservations online following the steps below:

• Log on to our website www.hamptoninnchicago.com
  • Click on accommodations
  • Click on check room availability
  • Select the dates and type of room
  • At the bottom of the page type your Group Code CHA
  • Complete the page with the guest personal information

You will always need a credit card to guarantee your reservations. If the company will be covering your expenses or you will like to use another method of payment upon arrival, please type the billing instructions under “comment”. You will receive a confirmation number via e-mail.

If you have any challenges making your reservations please contact our in-house reservation department at 312-832-0330.

Thank you for your business!

Margarita Solis
Sales Manager-Corporate & Educational Market
Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Chicago
Phone: 312-396-5233
Fax: 312-396-5249
E-mail: [email protected]
VISIT US AT: www.hamptoninnchicago.com

The Hotel info has been added to the Convention Thread. Take a look and book your room really would love to see a bunch of us there:thumbup:

Top Bottom