What's new

1940 Regent Tech vs 1941 Aristocrat

I thought the 1940 Regent Tech and the 1941 Aristocrat are the same razors. But now I found this different: the Regent Tech has no Pat. informations inside the head, like the 1940 Milord Tech, 1940 Milady Tech and 1941 Ranger Tech.

1940 Regent Tech
1941 Aristocrat

Last edited:
Yes Achim, my Regent Tech (Thanks again texbilly) and 41 Aristocrat are like yours.

But one thing confuses me. I have what look to be a few 1946-47s and most have the print in the diamond well.

But there is one (46-47) I have that does not have the print. This where my confusion begins.

Last edited:
I once thought the no print 1946-47s were more likely to be more 46ish than the ones with the print. Then the 41s became known to me and ruined that theory........ :biggrin:

Hope I am not taking you off topic but...

I have a TTO Razor that looks exactly like the 1941 Aristocrat above, except it has small solid end bars. The print inside the razor appears to be exactly the same. I have been searching all over trying to identify it but not having much luck.

The bar that holds the blades has two small "wings", perpendicular bars, on the extreme ends. This type blade bar seems to hold the blades in place firmer than on my Slim. I have this theory that blade "chatter", or blade flex and movement, can cause problems with a smooth shave.

I am planning to give my college freshman son my Gillette slim and all the little shaving extras for Christmas. So I have been using my "Aristocrat" lately. Although I find the Aristocrat to feel like a more aggressive shave than my slim (on 5) I also seem to get a "smoother" more comfortable shave.

I am wondering why those in this thread are interested in these type razors?

Hope I am not taking you off topic but...

I have a TTO Razor that looks exactly like the 1941 Aristocrat above, except it has small solid end bars. The print inside the razor appears to be exactly the same. I have been searching all over trying to identify it but not having much luck.
.......Edit..............

.......Edit..............

I am wondering why those in this thread are interested in these type razors?

For me I love the way they feel in the hand, they are also great eye candy....oh yeah and they give a great shave too.......:biggrin:

Can you post a picture of yours here?

Top Bottom