What's new

My First Meer Has Arrived-Journal of It's Coloring

might require multiple tins...actually, with the position it was in, I couldn't see the bowl. The thing is about the size of a violin

Look at the hardware on the case...that is heavy duty. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a sling of some sort to allow you to smoke it.

Look at the hardware on the case...that is heavy duty. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a sling of some sort to allow you to smoke it.
I'm sure you could rig something like that up. It'd probably fit in your saddlebag too.

I've got to do a much better job of keeping my LVC from Altinok clean...poor Sally is just dirty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do I put the LVC in here as well? For the sake of not cluttering up the feed I think I shall...can't wait to fire this baby up Wednesday!!!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
If you are talking about the black specks, mine did that too. I think it is the nature of the beast.

If you are talking about the black specks, mine did that too. I think it is the nature of the beast.
Ahh ok...it actually cleaned up somewhat with a wipe down from a very slightly damp cloth. It didn't really bother me as I knew this was going to be my "everyday" meer at some point in time. I use it at work and even when working in the yard or just knocking around.

Another bowl of Vanilla Cream Flake in Sally...unfortunately she now has to split time with my new LVC...let the coloring continue!!!

Going to park Sally for a while to let her rest and see if any color migrates. After a few weeks I plan on re-waxing for the first time. In the meantime I will be focusing on the new Atinok. Smoked a bowl of Molto Dolce earlier this evening and might get in a bowl of Vanilla Cream before bed...maybe.

On another note, I think I've kind of figured out what I want to do pipe wise...I'll continue using the meers for my favorite auto blends, I do have quite the sweet tooth and reach for the Sutliff Molto Dolce and it's sticky goodness and the MacBaren Vanilla Cream more often than not. I'm going to dedicate briars to individual blends I find attractive otherwise such as Escudo and FVF. The aging/fermentation process of tobacco fascinates me but I'm so early into my journey that my oldest flake is a tin of Escudo from last August...well, technically I guess my Christmas Cheer from 2016 and the 2017 variety is my oldest. Either way, I'm stocking up on Escudo as I like it fresh and feel I will love it aged so I'll have one briar for it. I'll soon be purchasing some PS LNF and LBF bulk to store and age and will have one briar for each of those. Third is a briar for FVF...I have a few more blends on hand to try and see if it's something I want to continue with but At this point I want to keep it simple and build my cellar so that in time I can simply rotate aged tobacco goodness, though I do need to explore the English blends a bit more as I've had limited experience with them thus far.

Good to have a plan for moving forward! I have yet to crack open any of my Escudo tins. Sounds like you go through it the way I go through PS LBF...

Good to have a plan for moving forward! I have yet to crack open any of my Escudo tins. Sounds like you go through it the way I go through PS LBF...

Yep...it's definitely one of my favorites so far

Top Bottom