What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

First post in quite awhile. Life got complicated and time was short. I missed this community and I’m glad to be back.

Razor: Teramasa Tamahagane Kamisori
Stones: Coticle, Water of Ayr, Dan’s Translucent Ark
Brush: Semogue Pegasus 🐗
Soap: MSC Bloom
Aftershave: Stirling Sharp Dresses Man

A fresh touch up honing session last night with a new Coticle and Water of Ayr from Griffith Shaving Goods and then finished on my Dan’s Translucent Ark provided a very comfortable and keen edge.

It’ll take a little time to dial in my technique with the new Coti & Scotch Hone but I’m happy with the first results.

As an Omega fan boy, I readily admit that the Semogue Pegasus Boar is great. I love the size, bristles, and balance of scrub and softness. If you like 🐗 you might one to try one.

A very comfortable shave that yielded great results. No irritation or issues. 9.5/10.
IMG_2595.jpeg

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
First post in quite awhile. Life got complicated and time was short. I missed this community and I’m glad to be back.

Razor: Teramasa Tamahagane Kamisori
Stones: Coticle, Water of Ayr, Dan’s Translucent Ark
Brush: Semogue Pegasus 🐗
Soap: MSC Bloom
Aftershave: Stirling Sharp Dresses Man

A fresh touch up honing session last night with a new Coticle and Water of Ayr from Griffith Shaving Goods and then finished on my Dan’s Translucent Ark provided a very comfortable and keen edge.

It’ll take a little time to dial in my technique with the new Coti & Scotch Hone but I’m happy with the first results.

As an Omega fan boy, I readily admit that the Semogue Pegasus Boar is great. I love the size, bristles, and balance of scrub and softness. If you like 🐗 you might one to try one.

A very comfortable shave that yielded great results. No irritation or issues. 9.5/10.
View attachment 1840461
Great to see you back, Tim.

Pre-Shave: Grooming Dept Unscented Pre-Shave
Soap: ETHOS Grooming Essentials Tortola
Brush: Shavemac 24mm Silvertip 2-Band Badger
Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx ++
Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG (7)
Post-Shave: ETHOS Grooming Essentials Tortola Skin Food Splash
Rating: 10 / 10 - I never get a BBS shave with these KAI blades, but the La Faux gives me the closest shave I ever get with my other AC razors.
20240504SOTDa.jpg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend
Brush
Duke 3
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Feather AS-D2
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
This was the second day I used my Feather AS-D2 razor with a Feather blade. As usual, this combination gave me a nice, smooth shave. I did my usual four-pass shave and the result was perfect. Yesterday’s brush was the large Shavemac 28 mm synthetic. Today I am using a smaller brush: the Simpson Duke. This brush works fine in the small container in which I put the Haslinger soap. The Haslinger was on its sixth use. The lather was good, and I got a perfect shave. Have a wonderful day, folks.

Preshave: Hot shower
Soap/Shave cream: Cremo Original
Razor: Vikings Blade Emperor Meiji
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)
Post shave: Pinaud Clubman
Rating: 9.2/10

Not a bad shave at all. I returned to a formula I used many times awhile back with decent results. The Meiji is always my most unpredictable razor. Shaves with it can range from fantastic to sheer awful but today's was just fine.

proxy.php

Saturday, May 4, 2024

Hardware
RazorKarve Bison
BladeTreet Dura Sharp [2]
BrushSemogue SOC Boar (Taj)

Software
PreThayer’s Lavender
Stirling Unscented Pre-Shave Soap
LatherCella Red [17]
PostLustray Blue Spice

Rating
8 / 10

Notes
-

Last edited:
SOTD

Beautiful warm, Saturday spring morning.
I decided to shave outside in the garden.

Preshave
Warm water

Shaving
Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .84-P Double-Edge Razor Super Knurl Handle
Blade: ASCO Super Stainless - 3:rd use
Shaving brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo R1730 Knot 24mm.
Loft Size: 53mm. Handle Height: 48mm
Shaving soap: Proraso Green "Sapone da Barba" in a tube Refreshing Eucalyptus & Menthol
Shaving bowl: Yaqi Blue Color Collapsible Silicone Bowl

So close, wonderful shave with RazoRock Game Changer .84-P.
Great brush and of course Proraso ❤️

9/10
IMG_20240504_121114.jpg

IMG_20240504_120531.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Baker Street Liquid Bath Soap, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip (D3)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans Limoncello
Bowl: The CaYuen Workshop Medium Damascus Shaving Dish
Brush: Trotter's Handicrafts Portal Handle 24mm T1 Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Unscented Post Shave Balm & Arianna & Evans Limoncello AS
Rating: 10/10 A comfortable efficient 3 pass BBS shave with no touch ups, weepers, cuts or irritation. A very good shave!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 4th 2024

Razor : Yaqi TFC adjustable, MFG 2021>, any range. Well made but slightly blade forward even on setting #1. I usually get decent shaves with this razor and like to go up in increments as the shave progresses. The razor is based on the French 1930's Gibbs adjustable but uses standard Gillette blades + protected from blade tab overhang. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Personna Red(2) sharp and smooth with excellent longevity IMO. Great blade.
Soap : Razorock M.F, masculine nice cologne scented soap with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Deep stones" 24mm boss knot. Excellent lather generator, luxury cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock M.F splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi TFC adjustable with a Personna red blade.
SOTD May 4 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razor: Glorious shave today with the '48 Aristocrat - thank you @Radimus
Blade: Treet Platinum (4) These blades impress me and what a bargain price
Soap/Splash: A&E Apricity is one of my favorite scents and is an excellent performer
Brush: Badger in carved antler - small but dense and always delivers heaps of lather
Result: Beautimus! I think I could challenge @FarmerTan in a handsome face contest
1714838428693.png

Top Bottom