What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

0424.jpg

Palmera 14, Ferdinand Herberz & Cie | Simpson Eagle 3 Two Band Silvertip | Ethos Blood Orange

An Omega aficionado’s choice!
Globemaster is a good watch, I absolutely love it, but I think a real aficionado would go for a De Ville Tourbillon (220k EUR) or Chrono Chime (583k EUR). I had the De Ville Tourbillon for a day, an Omega boutique was nice enough to lend it to me when they saw the background image on my phone: the Omega 2640 caliber no1. They gave me the no.16 and when they handed the watch, one of the employee even said “We are sorry, we don’t have no.1 but maybe you will like the no.16.” It was a very pleasant surprise from them and certainly I won’t forget that moment anytime soon!

Last edited:

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
My BST acquired Master GS.2. Tree-topped like a boss. This is my first straight razor after using one from the Canuck pass-around box.

Did WTG and ATG and got DFS results. Took me half an hour as I clumsily tested different ways to hold the razor while going ATG in my tricky spots. I think in this situation my generally great fine motor skills, and although dense/full BUT straight and fine whiskers, added up to some early days success. I'm sure I'll fall on my face soon.

Looking forward to much more practice!

21.jpg

P.Hospital Le Grelot “The Lord Barber” 361 6/8 Full Hollow
Grooming Dept Unscented Preshave
Martin De Candre Rose Soap
Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel
Hazelet’s Apothacary SoCo Rose Splash
Soap Commander True Rose Balm
Heritage Collection C-Mon 26mm Silvertip Brush
IMG_8850.jpeg
IMG_8851.jpeg
IMG_8852.jpeg

💈
SOTD
💈

Turner & Cowlishaw Razor 6/8"
WEST Meriden Conn.(About 1872~1876),Wedge,
Horween Shell Cordovan Strops.
This time honing uses Taiwan Stone+Mejiro Nagura .
Shave smooth and comfortable today.
J.R. Torrey Razor Co. (1880) President Joseph Turner(Master grinder in Sheffield)
1872 founded the Turner & Cowlishaw Co. U.S.A. in its early days to produce premium razors.
20240425-1.jpg

20240425-2.jpg

20240425-3.jpg

20240425-4.jpg

Thiers-Issard 1937 Special Coiffeur 6/8 Half Hollow, Semogue Torga C5 Mistura, Stirling Unscented with Beeswax, and Floris No. 89.

Back in 2021 after spending the family fortune custom ordering a very warped Thiers-Issard, I said screw it and bought this factory-sealed razor on the cheap from a large retail knife seller in Arlington, VA. This razor is straighter than an arrow and came with a decent factory edge. I have only ever put this razor on finishing stones and it shaves great. I do love C135 steel.

I would describe the grind as hollow, not half hollow, despite what Thiers-Issard says.

1714009574995.png

1714009591087.png

Top Bottom