What's new

SOTD "HALLOWEEN WEEK" October 24th - October 30th

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 10/29/16

Great shave today... the early Tech with a Gillette Nacet... someone's got it figured out :thumbup1:. Fantastic combo. Effortless DFS+
Soap was great, brush is fantastic and finished off with a favorite classic... great way to end the day!

$1029162231a~2~2.jpg

Razor: Early Gillette Tech
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: MERshaving 22mm TGN Finest Badger
Soap: TFS 70th Anni.
AS: Witchhazel / 4711 Aftershave / Elkos ASB

Hope you Gentlemen have a great Saturday!!!

No disappointments today, gentlemen. Saturday has once again affirmed the excellence of all contributions to SOTD.

Excellent photographs and interesing verbal depictions of your shaves have been a delight. Thanks one and all.

@Quink - That is a nice looking brush, JC. Catie's Bubbles has a great lineup of soaps IMHO.
@JBO667 - (Thursday) I'm taking the bait, Jerad. I'm betting there's more than Williams in that Old Spice mug. (Friday) Many times the best shaves on a blade are the later ones.
@alfredus - Love these b&w shots. Such fine lighting.
@skypsyd - Quite an elegant shave, Dave.
@caus24 - Fine close up.
@Clint64 - Great little portrait.
@shm - A luxurious picture of a likewise shave, Søren.
@UngerWoo - Nice looking brush; goes very well with the soap.
@Rxdude - How did you like the Seville?
@Tenergy - First-rate shave, Valeri. Nice looking bowl. Excellent backdrop.
@Bobcat - A fitting shave for the final cut of the Light Brigade, Bob.
@Jnatcat - Another excellent layout, Will.
@Cash_Stronomer - Handsome shot. Love water pictures.
@melyus - Sharp photograph. How was the Derby Premium blade?
@sarimento1 - Extrememly sophisticated shave lovingly depicted.
@eezee - Interesting grouping of aromas. How is the Pecksniff's balm?
@doc47 - Sweet looking shave, Dan. Did you like the Williams?
@Doug57 - Excellent POV photo, Doug. I like that bowl.
@TheVez2 - Captain Jack Sparrow is protecting your shave or is he going to steal it? Love your backing bottles, KJ.
@Sdm84 - That is a nice gold Black Beauty, Owen. Fine picture also!
@Dagwoodz - I like this clustering of gear, Josh.
@DabblinRazors - Eddie, your photo is nicely presented, with enhancing background color and neat vignetting. Like the complementary frame.
@nikonNUT - Hallows can grow on you ... watch out.
@Smooth Steve - Love this dark, mysterious photo. Top drawer!
@Sir_Eider - Nice tone to the photo. Very good medium high angle for the shot. Like the frame.
@noahpictures - That is a fine looking blade.
@ciderguy - Neat effects, Nick! It's like a pen and charcoal drawing with color.
@LoungeLizard - Nicely done, Larry. Excellent reconfiguration as "Shave Done in Pencil".
@blzrfn - Bravo! Love the cup and bucket. Superb lighting. This photo pops!
@Quink - Fine shaving ensemble, JC. It's great the Tech and Nacet work so well.

Hope everyone's Saturday evening is going well. Mine's almost over so I'll say bonsoir and see you tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wonderful pictures gentlemen - thank you all and also many thanks to Ron & Dave for your kind words - I hope you all have a enjoyable Sunday :thumbup:

Sunday's Shave
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

Korat -
for Saponificio Varesino "Leonardo da Vinci" 6/8
Saponificio Varesino 2.0 HMW
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica shave soap
Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica aftershave
Penhaligon's English Fern EdT

proxy.php

Have a Blessed Sunday Gentlemen

October 30, 2016
Wolfman WR-01 Ti OC with Hempel Ti
Personna 74 (1)
Elite Razor “Tres Amigos” Beehive with Envy White
Reef Point Dragon’s Blood
Witch Hazel
Fine Platinum Aftershave

@Quink - That is a quite handsome Gold Tech, JC, from the 1940s I believe.
[/QUOTE]

@Quink - Fine shaving ensemble, JC. It's great the Tech and Nacet work so well.

Hope everyone's Saturday evening is going well. Mine's almost over so I'll say bonsoir and see you tomorrow.

Thanks Ron! I really like the Tech. Paired with the Nacet... its awesome. I have to give the credit to [MENTION=76298]Cash_Stronomer[/MENTION] Thats one of his signature combos... and hes the one that got me sold on the Nacets. Thanks for that!!

How can you tell the age of the early Techs?? Theres no serial number or something, is there?

Sunday evening

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Gillette Super Platinum (4)
Cream: TOBS St James
Brush: SR 3824
A/S: Pitralon
ASB: Gaia Organic ASBSunday evening

today,

- Dr.Jon's Savannah Sunrise
- T & H Silvertip Style1/3
- The Claymore SE
- Feather Professional
- Mennen Skin Bracer

proxy.php

Sunday 30 October 2016

proxy.php

Earthquake, again

Yet another quake and this one has been really strong, the strongest so far. Not much to say about today's shave because all of my thoughts are for those who are suffering from the tremendous quakes we are having since August. Houses, monuments, churches, mountains collapsing down, people walking hopeless in the middle of the remains just waiting for all this to come to an end. And who knows when it will end. I consider myself very lucky because, although Perugia - the city where I live - is just few tens of miles away from the main area of quakes, we just listen to the rattling of doors, windows and walls shaken by the quake, objects and furniture moving around and nothing else. Only a little of fear and you know there is nothing you can do but waiting for it to end while thinking there are people not so far from here who are not as lucky as I am. And I cannot even imagine how scared they are and the fear they feel day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.​

• Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aguzzeria del Cavallo Almond Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Mastro Livi Badger, Olive Handle, 22mm knot
  • Bowl: Mastro Livi Olive Wood Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox KamiRazor, 13/16 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Vifrex

No disappointments today, gentlemen. Saturday has once again affirmed the excellence of all contributions to SOTD.

Excellent photographs and interesing verbal depictions of your shaves have been a delight. Thanks one and all.

@Rxdude - How did you like the Seville?

Thanks for the kind words! The Seville has a nice scent to it. Like a citrusy, zesty barbershop type scent. Not overpowering, not understated. Scent off sample was true to the lathering. Performance was great. Almost ordered it a few weeks ago, I would see myself ordering it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom