What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 29th - September 4th, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a great way to make a brush! There nothing wrong with giving those whiskers a chance to provide another rich field for your scything.

Thank you my Friend, I agree wholeheartedly, and now that I retired from Active I can do so without fear of being out of regs in uniform:thumbup:

Saturday has proven to be another exemplary day for SOTDs -- excellent photos one and all. Thanks to each of you and those who supplied their shaves in text form. I'm looking forward to Sunday's offerings as sure each of you are.

Hope everyone has had a fine start to the weekend. Have a great Sunday and a safe and enjoyable Labor Day.

I just got my sample of the soap... great stuff. How close is it to the Drakkar?
Very close. In reality, I think the soap and splash smell more like the way Drakkar Noir originally smelled. Drakkar Noir today, is ever so slightly different from what I recall from the 80s. In fact, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't experienced Stirling Noir. Stirling Noir hit that chord, if you will, and brought back the memories.

Sorry. Sometimes, I just like to just throw up a SOTD pic and call it done. At first, I admit, I missed the clay in Stirling's old formula despite its sometimes being finicky. The new formula does perform as well even if it doesn't have that uber creaminess from before. It's still quite slick and dense. Lathering is now a no-brainer. I like their splashes because they're simple and effective. The scent is pretty darn close to Drakkar Noir from the way I remembered it in my youth. The newer Drakkar Noir EdT is still awesome and still touches that memory, but there is something vaguely different from the vintage. Not enough to turn me off from it, however.

Nothing to be sorry about, Matt. Your product critiques are a great, informative read. They are really appreciated but I'm sure they take a bit of time and effort on your part. Please feel free to post whatever type of SOTD you like. I was just curious as to your impression of the soap and aftershave since I don't recall seeing anything on them as yet. Thanks for the additional details. Now Stirling Noir is on my product list.

...I was just curious as to your impression of the soap and aftershave since I don't recall seeing anything on them as yet. Thanks for the additional details. Now Stirling Noir is on my product list.
If you're into the Drakkar Noir thing, you should check out CRSW's Le Chypre Sombre. It's almost a clone in my opinion, despite it's not being advertised as such.

Very close. In reality, I think the soap and splash smell more like the way Drakkar Noir originally smelled. Drakkar Noir today, is ever so slightly different from what I recall from the 80s. In fact, I probably wouldn't have noticed it if I hadn't experienced Stirling Noir. Stirling Noir hit that chord, if you will, and brought back the memories.

Nothing to be sorry about, Matt. Your product critiques are a great, informative read. They are really appreciated but I'm sure they take a bit of time and effort on your part. Please feel free to post whatever type of SOTD you like. I was just curious as to your impression of the soap and aftershave since I don't recall seeing anything on them as yet. Thanks for the additional details. Now Stirling Noir is on my product list.

Thanks for the quick answer... I love the performance of the soap...so also a no brainer here... full tub is on the list + splash...

Sunday Shave 9.4.2016
Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

Jerry Stark 6/8 Kamisori
Doug Korn D7 "rootbeer" TGN finest
Truefitt & Hill 1805 shave soap
Truefitt & Hill aftershave splash

proxy.php

Have a Blessed Sunday Gentlemen

today,

- Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Coconut Bay
- Mühle STF 23
- Fatip Testina Gentile Grande Black