What's new

Acquisitions for May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
post cleaning pics. more cleaning still to do.

$IMG_5157.jpg$IMG_5158.jpg$IMG_5159.jpg

I thought I'd relate an interesting E-Bay experience -- I'm an occasional bidder, not a whole lot of experience, but this never happened before. I bid on a pair of slim adjustables that looked to be decent user grade razors, one maybe a little better. I usually don't try to game the bidding, just put in a bid for the price I thought would be a good value, and went off to do other things. Later I found out that I'd been outbid. The winning bid was $1 higher than my max.

A week or so has passed, and I'd completely forgotten about the auction. Just got an email from the 'Bay, saying that the buyer had failed to complete the transaction, and since I was in second place, I could have the lot for my previous maximum bid. Well, I thought it was a good price then, and it still seems like a good price to me, so I went for it. Can't wait to see my new slims.

I thought I'd relate an interesting E-Bay experience -- I'm an occasional bidder, not a whole lot of experience, but this never happened before. I bid on a pair of slim adjustables that looked to be decent user grade razors, one maybe a little better. I usually don't try to game the bidding, just put in a bid for the price I thought would be a good value, and went off to do other things. Later I found out that I'd been outbid. The winning bid was $1 higher than my max.

A week or so has passed, and I'd completely forgotten about the auction. Just got an email from the 'Bay, saying that the buyer had failed to complete the transaction, and since I was in second place, I could have the lot for my previous maximum bid. Well, I thought it was a good price then, and it still seems like a good price to me, so I went for it. Can't wait to see my new slims.

Gotta love it when that happens

just picked this little lot on ebay, minutes ago.... hope to use the mug and restore the handles.

$$(KGrHqRHJC!E-kq(C4gfBPvU6Q8FPg~~60_57.jpg

Last edited:
3 tubs of the new La Famiglia soaps and one of their ASB, great soap. I also have a SOC badger, la Toja stick, and some 444 ASB enroute that should arrive this week.

Also scored a blue and white Ever-Ready 100 handle from Hig789, it should be in later this week (not sure how long the cross-Kentucky trip will take, hopefully not that long :laugh:)
Also scored 2 Schick Injectors from the '70s. I can't wait to clean them up and try them out!

Last edited:
This weeks haul from sifting through the local antique stores:

- The two mugs are in great shape.
- The Avon 1981 Collector's edition bay rum looks really cool and has a nice mild bay rum odor (I can only compare it to Master's Bay Rum since I haven't tried any others). BTW - what's the consensus on using 30 + year old aftershave :blush:
- I don't know squat about brushes, so I may have over paid for them. One says 'Rubberset' on the bottom and must be horse hair or something since it's very dark. The other brush says 'Cavalier' and appears to be Badger.

$IMG_0700.jpg

- I don't know squat about brushes, so I may have over paid for them. One says 'Rubberset' on the bottom and must be horse hair or something since it's very dark. The other brush says 'Cavalier' and appears to be Badger.

By the way - Any input / info on the brushes would be greatly appreciated.

Well - not anything that is umm, yea - older(ish)... Showed the wife the link from the Deals Section here the other day, and this showed up today. So, I have a enabler :)

Not having bought anything in quite some time as my "den" is well stocked, I was intrigued by RazoRock and ordered both Mughetto di Bologna and Fresco. Great stuff. Last badger I bought was in 2007 (Rooney 2/1 Super) and after looking at so many Rudy Vey customs pictured here, I couldn't resist and have engaged him for a new custom brush. We're still working out the details. So June promises a new brush which should be quite a treat :)

Razors: '65 PAL adj injector | '66 Schick M1 adj injector | '74 Schick/Int'l Silver "Paul Revere" injector
Blades: NOS Schick Platinum Plus | Personna Platinum Chrome
Brushes: '02 Shavemac Thuja wood 23mm Silvertip custom | '07 Rooney 2/1 Faux Ivory 22mm Super
Creams: Taylors (avacado; rose) | Trumpers (coconut) | RazoRock (Mughetto di Bologna)
Soaps: Mama Bear | 1846HouseSoaps | VdH
Witch Hazel/Balm: Thayers Cucumber| Issey Miyake
Scuttle: Feats of Clay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom