What's new

Acquisitions for May 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's an AWESOME score!

Congratulations dude!!

Thanks! The price seemed pretty decent.

Also, this just fell into my lap tonight too.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150816052293?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I'm hoping it's a dispenser from an Executive set. I noticed that it just says 'Dispenser' like the correct one should, instead of 'Speed-Pak' like the others of that color. I haven't seen that 'get a new dispenser' message before though.

Legion

Staff member
I got a NOS racing car full of Avon Windjammer AS. Quite nice. I'm getting into the old Avon aftershaves. This is my third bottle in as many weeks. It's usually pleasant smelling, fairly cheap, and, well... it's in a racing car. Or a dog. Or a fish. Or...

proxy.php

My latest metal cast Corgi Gillette delivery truck.

proxy.php

Mint condition and it goes great with my New razor & blade brochure.
Wow, that is so cool! Great Score!

My first thought was "cut a slot in the top and make it into a blade-bank."

My Mom and Dad found me one of these Gillette mugs today.
This is not my pic, I am pasting it in from another thread, but I'm excited to receive the gift.

proxy.php

i received my minty anniversary set. what a beauty :001_tt1: if you have a cream dispenser for me please send me a message =)

proxy.php

Nice find!
re: the cream colored dispenser... the only ones I would be willing to part with at this time say 'Speed-Pak' on them. The ones with just the 'Dispenser' text are to complete my sets.
Your pm box appears to be full, but yes, the ad on Mr-Razor shows that the right dispenser for your set is the one that says 'Dispenser'. http://www.mr-razor.com/Werbung/C 1951 gold Rocket Anniversary Set England.jpg

Last edited:
Well - here is my first little post of stuff. Just starting out a collection is needed to start up properly. This is for a more expanded review of different blades available. I have a shaving cream stash as well... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love it when everything you order arrive on the same day.

• Fasan OC Slant
  • 1958 Red Tip in need of a major cleaning
  • iKon OSS
  • 1952 Black Tip

June will be a busy month trying out new razors!

proxy.php

Ya know yer a razor nerd when.......

My latest scoops:

proxy.php
Vintage Ralph Lauren (he got started making ties)

proxy.php
Pierre Cardin gold plated cufflinks - look snappy with tie!

:blink:

I picked up a bottle of Royall Bay Rhum off of the internet this past month. My wife thinks it is too strong a scent and much prefers the vintage Avon I normally wear.

My order from Garry's Samples came in today. Gotta wait til SWMBO gets home to try The Veg. Also got some MWF, AOS Ocean Kelp, and some TOBS. Can't wait to see what all of the Hubub is about. And my dad got me a near mint WWI Khaki set.

I cant find any serial #s on this razor.
Patent Nov 15 04 on lower handle. No hairline cracks .. teeth straight, bonus!!
What did I buy at the swap meet? Please educate.thanks

Even though I mostly use straights, I don't think i could pass that up if I ran across it.

Ya know yer a razor nerd when.......

My latest scoops:

Vintage Ralph Lauren (he got started making ties)

Pierre Cardin gold plated cufflinks - look snappy with tie!

:blink:
How cool! where did you find them?

I love ties, and I'd be proud to wear something like that.

I don't wear cufflinks, but if I had some of those, I'd buy a new shirt to fit them.

Ordered up off Maguires from the bay some Vitos pre / post shave cream and a sample of Bay rum. Also waiting for some bump stopper (had a few ingrown latley) and 500ml of alcolado Glacial and a bottle of selin lemon turkish cologne. But did have a stick of Arko and Derby and some blades arrive yesterday.

Last edited:
How cool! where did you find them?

I love ties, and I'd be proud to wear something like that.

I don't wear cufflinks, but if I had some of those, I'd buy a new shirt to fit them.

I picked them both on that never ending quest of stuff - eBay. The cufflinks were under 5.00 plus shipping and tie ran about 18.00 by the time I got it home. Both in excellent condition. Not sure when or where I will wear this get up yet - but the time will definitely come!!

I picked them both on that never ending quest of stuff - eBay. The cufflinks were under 5.00 plus shipping and tie ran about 18.00 by the time I got it home. Both in excellent condition. Not sure when or where I will wear this get up yet - but the time will definitely come!!
Wear it to your next B&B meet-up.

Or put it in a pass-around box and let 20 or 30 other members get a chance to dress as cool as you do.

Was doing some browsing on the bay last night, and saw what seller referred to as a Gem or Ever-Ready in case. Looked like an older Gillette to me. Looked as closely as I could but darn, if it did not look like an old Big fellow in a
Gem or Ever-Ready case. Figured- what the hell it was only going for 4.85 or something, so I bid 20.00. Won it and paid like $25 with shipping! Now I hope my eyes were not decieving me. I will try to post a picture when it arrives during the week! Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom