What's new

Workbench Custom Razors for the new year 2011

It is a thing of beauty you created here Bill. The mark of a master shows brightly. Thanks for sharing.

Yellow.

Red is cliche. Junk sold in head shops have dragons with red eyes and pretend Celtic items with red plastic.
I have to say that I see your point. While red may be the color that first comes to mind for dragon eyes,(crap, I thought it was a dog) a different color may work better.

I'm thinkin' midnight-in-a-Georgia-swamp-on-a-moonless-night black could look cool... but I don't have any. I do have white, lavender, and green. Here are lavender and green.

View attachment 157105

View attachment 157106

I have to say that I see your point. While red may be the color that first comes to mind for dragon eyes,(crap, I thought it was a dog) a different color may work better.

I'm thinkin' midnight-in-a-Georgia-swamp-on-a-moonless-night black could look cool... but I don't have any. I do have white, lavender, and green. Here are lavender and green.

Oooo:w00t: I love red on just about everything... but that green seems to fit it perfect!

Regardless of what color accents you choose that is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. Can't wait to see it finished!

I'm for anything other than red. They all look great!

Now I'm curious about the handle, any ideas? Scrimshaw?

Back about 170 posts, I put in a couple pics of the prehistoric mastodon ivory I used to make the scales. In post 78, I put in some options for pins to hold the scales in place.

I think the mastodon holds its own, so no scrim. Since I don't know how to do scrimshaw anyway, it works out. :001_smile

Back about 170 posts, I put in a couple pics of the prehistoric mastodon ivory I used to make the scales. In post 78, I put in some options for pins to hold the scales in place.

I think the mastodon holds its own, so no scrim. Since I don't know how to do scrimshaw anyway, it works out. :001_smile

Blimey, I missed that:blushing:. That some serious battle axe!

This has turned into one stunning project.

I somehow can't see lavender in particular because of the scales.

The lavender is pretty awesome, it gives the dragon a more feminine character, but the green also has a lot of appeal. If you wouldn't have shown the lavender I would have been green all the way.

Either way I am green with envy because there is no way I can afford this ax.

Phil

Well, I seem to be in the minority here :lol:, but I like the lavender. It just seems to have a whole lot of life to it that I like.

Top Bottom