What's new

2024 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of MacGyver

Still in...

SOTDTIBBFT9.jpg

Ti Blackbird / Perma-Sharp / Frozen Tundra / C&H STF XL / Proraso Green

brucered

System Generated
Still in!

I was musing today that I'd probably break my restraint if SV came out with a 70th Anniversary Brain Bowl :)

View attachment 1809048
I wonder if one could make a brain bowl with a couple hard soap pucks, at least the appearance of it? A little grating, chunking, forming, I think it could be done. I've made a soap into a cream and a cream into a soap.

I may experiment with a couple MWF pucks as I get closer to the end of 3017ing my current puck.

Not something I'd try with $40 pucks, but $8 MWF pucks may be worth trying for me.

Last edited:

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
How is the scent on that soap? I've been itching to try GD or Ethos for some time and read nothing but good reviews, but the scents on GD soaps and creams seems to run the full gamut.
It’s very lightly-scented, with a clean, leathery tone. A masculine scent for sure; but it seems quite ‘safe’ to my nose. Some of Mo’s scents can be polarizing, but I don’t think Wonderland is.

I wonder if one could make a brain bowl with a couple hard soap pucks, at least the appearance of it? A little grating, chunking, forming, I think it could be done. I've made a soap into a cream and a cream into a soap.

I may experiment with a couple MWF pucks as I get closer to the end of 3017ing my current puck.

Not something I'd try with $40 pucks, but $8 MWF pucks may be worth trying for me.

That's an amazing idea I can't stop thinking about now :).

But you are right, it might be best to experiment with something cheaper than SV first.

brucered

System Generated
@Bsamps it is a term given to the MdC soap sold in the wood bowl. The soap looks striking similar to a brain.

I'll snap a pic after a few uses and the little fibres and texture from the towel are gone.

Here is my MacGyver MWF Brain Bowl.

PXL_20240310_001730570.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

PXL_20240310_001707901.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

Here is a real MdC Brain Bowl for reference:
1710030267948.png

Last edited:
@Bsamps it is a term given to the MdC soap sold in the wood bowl. The soap looks striking similar to a brain.

I'll snap a pic after a few uses and the little fibres and texture from the towel are gone.

Here is my MacGyver MWF Brain Bowl.

View attachment 1809716

View attachment 1809717

Here is a real MdC Brain Bowl for reference:
That’s really cool… just wondering how you would lather from that without making a mess. I’ll stay tuned.

Still in but I have a question. I was diagnosed with eczema last fall. It’s mostly stayed contained in my torso, but every once in a while I feel like it’s creeping up to my neck. Alcohol based after shave is likely a problem and I’m probably going to have to get some unscented face lotion to use as an aftershave.

When I finally buy something, will that put me out? Or am I still in because it’s a medical need? If I resort to using Curel or Aveeno as a post-shave and replace it (because I use it all over my body) would I still be out?

I know sabbatical is just for fun and I’m not going to let whether I’m in or out dictate if I buy the right lotion/aftershave to take care of my skin. Just curious on opinions.
I have psoriasis on my hands and fingers, and it sucks. I tri d every prescription cream out there and finally tried Dupixent. That's a miracle drug for me. Totally cleared it up.
Do what you have to do to live comfortably and normally.

I l
Still in. Zero temptations. Today is a special day for 2 reasons;
1) our rescue dog joined our family 14 years ago today. Not Sure of the breed but he is as loyal as the come. 11 years ago my wife was taking him for a walk when a drugged out piece of &*$# attacked my wife. She got a few bruises, the dog got a couple broken ribs, the attacker permanently lost the use of his left hand Thanks to the best dog in the entire world latching on and not letting go until the our neighbors kids….2 corn fed twin brothers that played middle linebacker for the local high school football team….got ahold of the piece of $&#*##. Both of those young men said they really didn’t need to step in as our dog had things well in hand….no pun intended. I love that dog. What a blessing he has been. We didnt rescue the dog, he rescued us.
2) 9 months until retirement. 10 months from now you’ll find 2 old dogs on the lake.
I love stories with happy endings, lol. Good doggie. Give him a steak, just because.
Good luck with retirement. We found a wonderful lake house an hour north of where we were living and absolutely love it.

Top Bottom