Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

IMG_6221.jpeg
>Gem Micromatic Open Comb in chrome

>vintage Gem Reversible blade (1), gift of @LJBraaten , tuned up today

>Williams Mug vintage tallow soap lightly mug loaded and face lathered

>Ever-Ready vintage boar

>Ethos Succès AS (not vintage :eek:)

A LOTH inspected & approved shave. She noted possible improvement on the right neck whorl. I did not chase it.

29/4/24

IMG20240429172047.jpg

Brush - Yaqi G4 20mm
Soap - MdC Vetyver
Razor/Blade 1 - Ever Ready 1912/Gem
Razor/Blade 2 - Gillette Rocket HD/Suneko
AS - Williams Aqua Velva

I had accumulated 4 days worth of growth as during my last shave I picked up a horrible little ingrown. 4 days was enough rest for my face, so I got out my 1912 which mowed the majority of the growth with ease. I find it a touch too much for a second pass (which wasn't really needed), so the Rocket HD took care of the scragglers.

Second to last shave of the vintage April month, it seems to have flown by! I think I've barely even most of my vintage razors an outing!

This might be my last shave in vintage April. I have a crazy day tomorrow so not sure if I’m gonna have the time or want.

Razor:1937 Sheraton
Blade: Nacet (3)
Brush: Chisel & Hound
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Boonana

If I don’t shave tomorrow I just want to say it was pleasure posting and sharing with all of you my shaves and I want to say to all of you, you all have beautiful razors, and this thread was no help for my RAD,BAD,SAD,and any other ‘AD

IMG_0518.jpeg

Preshave: shower and soak with St Johns Vetiver Bar Soap, plus Proraso Green Preshave
Brush: Shavemac 24 mm / 54 mm bulb two band silvertip DO1 in Copper Canyon
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Soap: Proraso Green Cream bowl loaded face lathered
Razor: 1930's Short Comb Raised Flat Bottom Rotbart Mond Extra
Blade Gillette Super Stainless The Spoiler F4 Unsure of the date 1985 maybe made in the USA (14)
Splash: Proraso Green
DFS 9.8 A couple of small spots on my jaw line, but, no real drama.

One of my favorite vintage razors. In fact it is tied for second with the first gen open comb No 15 Aristocrat from Saturday. I was tired before my standing appointment this morning so I waited till evening to shower and shave. Proraso Green is always one of my favorites as well, especially in cream form. The splash was also very enjoyable and no sting was detected despite a bit of alum feedback. The DO1 two band silvertip was again soft despite the last two shaves slight scritch. Fourteen and still smooth and sharp with the Gillette Spoiler I still have 98 of these to get through along with all my other vintage blades and more recent a lot of which are also discontinued. I have somewhere in the hoard two bottles of PAA Awesome Sauce to pair with Proraso Green. I seem to remember it did not hang around very long, but, longer than the aftershave. At the same time I have the 400 ml bottle of the splash so I can afford to splash on a little more throughout the day or evening. That is what I usually do. Besides Awesome Sauce is not a direct match.

icm_fullxfull.418749357_j87flbw34rkkggwo8gcs.jpg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I only have two Vintage shaves in April, unfortunately... but both were excellent. The first was with my Canada Pre-war Tech so generously gifted to me by @Balin / Andrew.

Just a few minutes ago, I shaved with my Souplex "Metal" razor. First shaves are always interesting as no matter how much you read about a razor, until you load a blade and use it, you don't really know how well it will work for you. The Souplex was a joy to use, even on a first shave. I used a Nacet blade and they seem to work in harmony... A relaxing, smooth, comfortable yet close shave... my favorite kind. I'll post more when I get a few more shaves in with it.. even when the month is over. Here's the photo from eBay:

RS_Souplex.jpg

Date30.04.2024
366 daily shaves
121/366

RazorBladeBrush
Eclipse Red RingGillette Rubie Plus (5)FNX Barber Boar
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Mike’s Natural Soaps Barbershop (103)
Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
9/10 (Small dot)6/10 (Razor sharp)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
8.5/10
(DFS++)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes:

Summary. Fabulous close to Vintage April with the Red Ring performing admirably together with the blade.

For extended shave notes click here.

Enjoy your shave!

The last day of Vintage April and I just want to thank everybody for participating! I have seen some marvellous gear pass by enough to make me envious, but more importantly enjoying your gear vicariously from the side.

Thank you again and see you next year! And for those who can’t wait:

Cheers!

Guido

30 April

L'Essor Le Supreme • Ladas
B&M Spice • Semogue SOC Badger
IMG_20240429_142853039.jpg

What an absolute pleasure this month has been. It's been great to reach for some of my less used razors - and even better to see so many beautiful razors posted by others.

And what a great way to finish. I love everything about Le Supreme - weight and balance are wonderful - and it provides an absolutely superb shave. Also a shout out to the Ladas - only my second shave with one, but so far getting great bang for the buck.

Razor: GEM Feather Weight V1 (14)
Blade: Personna GEM Coated (2)
Pre-Shave: Hot shower; Cereve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Van der Hagen Unscented Luxury
Aftershave: Cold water rinse

No nicks; No irritation; Very Close; Very smooth; A pleasant DFS+ shave. A smoother shave than the first use on this blade.

Thanks to @Guido75 for organizing the event and for @never-stop-learning for supporting the event. Thanks to all the users for taking the time to post and to those who gave us history lessons. All this made for an outstanding event.

Best regards and happy shaves.

Cheers!!!

Top Bottom