What's new

Clubman Vanilla. Wow!

I've never been able to get on the Clubman train. I've been to the station a few times but the scent of the Original aftershave just never appealed to me. It's properties made for a great post shave feeling, but the scent... just too overpowering and chemical-y to my nose.

I had spent many a night trying to find out more about the Vanilla. And no offense to any of the members here, but what little info I could find was brutal. "I can't describe the scent" ... "It kind of smells like vanilla, but not really". Tsk tsk.

Anywho, I was able to get my hands on a bottle that I found in stock at a little gem called Eddie's. I decided to pick it up and give it a whiff. Wow! Now I know why the boys 'round here had a tough time with the scent. It's not like the original AT ALL. There's no chemical punch like the original. But, to my nose it does have shades of Gillette foamy paired with alcohol and a bit of fresh musk. That's the best I can do at describing it. As I sit here in my car typing this and smelling the cap, I know that the scent may change on my skin, and may smell different to others. I'll report back after tomorrow's shave and share some more of my experience. But so far I'm liking what my sniffer is picking up. I may have finally been able find a classic aftershave that works for me.

Thanks for reading.

Brad

Nice. Thanks for attempting to accurately describing the vanilla scent. In my life I tend to be appalled by various vanilla scents. Candles, processed foods, incense, air fresheners, none of them smell like vanilla. A cheap imitation at best. I'm still in search of a vanilla scent that smells natural.

I decanted mine to glass about a week ago. I'll try it for the first time tomorrow. It was great from the plastic, I'm looking forward to seeing if/how it changes.

After reading many of the same "reviews" as the OP, I decided to give it a shot myself. It is slated to arrive on Monday.
I will try to give a decent review Monday evening.

Clubman Vanilla smells awesome, but the name is very misleading since its scent barely resembles vanilla if any at all. I've heard that vanilla is to describe the color of the aftershave. You may like the special reserve as well.

If you like Vanilla, give this a try. $$(KGrHqRHJCwE90pZQ9WCBPfvcfbTdQ~~60_1.jpg

Had a great shave this morning. Fresh Astra green, Wolfman OC and TOBS coconut shave cream. Just awesome. Finished up with Clubman Vanilla. Smells fantastic! I mean honestly, it smells like "man". The scent is stronger out of the bottle than it is on my skin, and the staying power is on the low to medium scale. My wife said she couldn't smell it on the drive to the barber this afternoon, unless she got in nice and close. So for those of you worried about overpowered aftershaves, have a look at this stuff.

Back to the scent. The dry down is very much to my nose like Aqua Velva's Original Sport. (That's their green AS for my American friends.) Still no chemical smell to me. I am really liking this stuff. It doesn't have Floid blue fresh aspects, and is not really powdery either. Light musk would be where my opinion sits. This stuff is great!

NICE!! Glad this is working well for you! :thumbup:

We must agree to disagree about clubman: one of the classics IMHO!

Not nearly as much of a change as the Special Reserve or the Veg. Perhaps a bit more subtle, but nothing to write home about. Still a great AS, imo.
Those were my thoughts exactly. I thought maybe a little dryer right off the bat, but that's it.

Top Bottom