Dinner with friends:
Lasagna
Garlic bread
Ceasar salad

Drink department:
A couple pints of Guinness
A few Apple Spices
A short pour of Glennfiddich 12

This weekend the wife and I treated ourselves to some local culture and social life. We typically just "rest" on the weekends.

Friday:
- Outstanding dinner at a great local restaurant, looking out over the town square/green with the town Christmas tree. Good grouper (her) and tuna (me) done right, great appetizer, and she discovered a new confused beverage that she likes (rum sidecar). I had another pleasant experience with Boddington's Pub Ale.
- Went to the local playhouse for "The 1940s Radio Hour." Awesome production. See it if it pops up in your area. Perfect for a nostalgia/radio dork like me.

Saturday:
- Morning coffee in our local cafe with a college friend I reconnected with. Two hours later, I step out of the cafe onto the village green to hear a textile heritage band playing Christmas songs and see the Holiday Open Market in progress.
- An evening Christmas Candlelight Tour of a local historic house, Ashtabula. Period dress, period decorations, candlelight, firelight, and a fine old house.

Today is the first Sunday of Advent, which begins my favorite part of the church year.

So the whole weekend was an indulgence. We spent some "us time" recharging ourselves and enjoying each other and our community.

Saturday:

A Perdermo Lot 23 cigar :001_unsur

Two bowls of my local tobacconist's "chocolate strawberry" house blend. :001_tt1:

Saturday:

A Perdermo Lot 23 cigar :001_unsur

Two bowls of my local tobacconist's "chocolate strawberry" house blend. :001_tt1:

Out of curiosity, was the Lot 23 the natural or maduro? Having smoked both, my personal opinion on the Lot 23 maduro is to buy a Fresco and save $3.00. :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, was the Lot 23 the natural or maduro? Having smoked both, my personal opinion on the Lot 23 maduro is to buy a Fresco and save $3.00. :thumbsup:

It was one of the $4.25 sticks that were recommended to me by the owner of the shop.

I've been away from cigars for so long that I got about a 1/6th of the way into the cigar and had to put it down for good.

My pipe was good as always though.

Last night a quick drink after work:

Jack Daniels on the rocks. Not my favorite by any means, but at least I knew they wouldn't screw it up.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I've been a good boy (no, really!), and I haven't missed a day at running for six weeks, minimum three miles a day. Sooooooooo, I treated myself to one of the simple pleasures in life.
Hand sliced pastrami with Jewish champagne.

Attachments

• $celray.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 436
I've been a good boy (no, really!), and I haven't missed a day at running for six weeks, minimum three miles a day. Sooooooooo, I treated myself to one of the simple pleasures in life.

Sweet!:badger:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Right about now, I could use a cardiologist.

Tomorrow, to celebrate the incredible miracle of a day's worth of oil lasting a whole week (heck, my Prius made it from NYC to canada on a single tank), I have a rack of Kurobuta spare ribs, courtesy of a colleague.

Right about now, I could use a cardiologist.

Tomorrow, to celebrate the incredible miracle of a day's worth of oil lasting a whole week (heck, my Prius made it from NYC to canada on a single tank), I have a rack of Kurobuta spare ribs, courtesy of a colleague.

Just make sure to contact me next time you're in Montreal... muhahahahahaha!

Now that is just wrong, We need to delete ths post

Now that I have changed my shirt after drooling over Jays little snack, I have retired to the Garage Parlor to enjoy a nice glass of Patron Platinum Shaken and a Diamond Crown #2

Top Bottom