Manufacturer: Wade and Butcher
Other Names: 
- WADE, ROBERT
- 1810 - 1818
- WADE & BUTCHER
- Successor to Robert Wade; succeeded by Butcher, Brown & Butcher
- BUTCHER, BROWN & BUTCHER
- Succeeded Wade & Butcher
- 1827 - 1830
- WILLIAM & SAMUEL BUTCHER / WADE & BUTCHER
- Eyre Lane, Sheffield.
- circa 1845 to at least 1919
- 1830 - ?
- WADE, WINGFIELD (WINFIELD) & ROWBOTHAM
- ca. 1835 - 1852
Dates in Production: 1818-1890
Type: Straight Razors, Cutlery, Knives.
Notes of Interest:
- "THE CLEAN SHAVER" Razor
- "The Bow" Razor
- "Medium Size Hollow Ground" Razor
- Wade & Butcher curved safety razor blade.
- Wade & Butcher straight razor that is stamped with the seal of King George IV who ruled England for only 10 years (1820-1830). The razor has pressed horn handles with the front handle pressed with the phrase "Celebrated Razor" and the back handle pressed with the phrase "Universally Approved." The name Wade & Butcher is stamped across the top edge of the blade. The tang is stamped with the Kings Crown (GR), and the phrase "Universally Approved" as well.
- W&B Manufactured Expressly for H.W. Carter
This page has been seen 19,125 times.
- Created byLast updated by
The 7th Annual Sue Moore Auction is right around the corner. Every year members donate items for auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. If you'd like to support this worthy cause please click here to donate an item for auction: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forms/auction-donation-form.1/respond