Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. Please make sure that you also read the Forum Etiquette page.
Badger & Blade Terms of Usage
Welcome to Badger and Blade, the premier on-line forum for those in pursuit of the gentlemanly art of traditional wet-shaving as well as providing one of the most comprehensive resources for discussing and reviewing men's grooming products.
This site is filled with the friendliest bunch of people on the internet, dedicated to kicking back, shooting the breeze, and helping each other. Please keep in mind that this is a privately-owned forum. While having fun is the primary goal, there are several rules that the moderators and administrators would like to make clear.
All members1. Feel welcome! Jump right into the conversation -- a great place to start is by introducing yourself in our Shave Clinic and Newbie Check-in, as well as in the Hall of Fame.
2. Realize that we take great pride in B&B being a work-friendly, internet oasis for gentlemanly behavior. This means that profanity, inflammatory comments regarding politics and/or religion, personal attacks, pornographic images, discussions of illegal or illicit activity, or any other ungentlemanly behavior as deemed inappropriate by the Administrators/Moderators, is unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Offenders will be dealt with swiftly. More to the point, if it's likely to be offensive, or if you wouldn't say it to someone in person, it doesn't belong here.
3. Comply with the requests of the moderators. We dont interfere unless its absolutely necessary. We will gladly discuss with you any requests we make. This can be done via private messaging so as to save anyone from any unnecessary public embarrassment.
4. For members other than Vendors and Hobbyists, to whom separate rules apply, offers to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise exchange can only be made in our Buy Sell Trade forum (BST). No links or mentions to such offers are to be included in members signatures nor posted in forums other than the BST. New members are welcome to purchase items from the B/S/T forum right away, but must wait until they've amassed 45 days of membership and 50 posts to use this forum to sell, trade, or post "want to buy" ads. More on the B/S/T Rules here. Also, have a look at this page: Panjo Marketplace
4a. The BST forum was not set up as a profit center for individuals. B&B discourages members from only posting sales and not contributing in other forums. To use the BST, the vast majority of your posts should be on the shaving forums.
4b. Members without a bonafide internet or brick and mortar storefront may also be considered vendors (at the sole discretion of the mod team) and may lose their privileges in the B/S/T forum if they are marking up items to unreasonable prices, or selling large quantities of items on the B/S/T on a regular basis - again, both of these variables are at the sole discretion and classification of the mod team. We welcome members who wish to add further value to the membership of the forum by selling items here in the B/S/T - however this community is not intended to be the free storefront and marketing arm of businesses.
5. While we enjoy offering the B/S/T thread as a service to our members, we see it as just a small portion of our site's greater good. Problems are incredibly rare, but you should know that transactions in B/S/T are ultimately not the responsibility of B&B -- caveat emptor!
5a. These are not hard and fast rules but such activities are watched with a wary eye.
- Never ending PIFs end up in what is basically trading and trading is not allowed outside of the BST.
- Traveling boxes/Trains can only be started by members in good standing. Members participate at their own risk.
6. To prevent abusive advertisement, no member shall direct other members, either through direct hotlink or indirectly through comments or other means, to any live e-Bay auctions or other auction sites.
Do not post URLs, item numbers, or seller IDs or any similar information unless that e-Bay sale is strictly a "buy it now" sale with no option available to place a bid, or is contained within an e-Bay storefront.
Members should also use good judgment in posting information that may reference specific active auctions, particularly if the extra attention drawn to it would be unwanted by other members who may be bidding.
Please feel free to discuss eBay auctions only after they are closed.
6a. Links to sites that duplicate B&B content - B&B is a free service for our members, and maintains a specific set of rules, posting limitations, and fee structure for those advertising goods, services, and outside information sources such as blogs and sites which have similar content to B&B. Links, redirects or pointing to content that duplicates B&B content is disallowed. In short, if it's a subject discussed on B&B, links to other sites (including links to blogs) may only be posted by approved and paid vendors.
7. B&B is not an appraisal site. As such, asking values here isn't acceptable behavior. All B&B members, asking and answering, new or old, should be aware that B&B is a community of users, and not an appraisal or identification service.
8. Any proposed group buys must be brought to the attention of the moderator team for approval prior to the posting of any such proposed endeavor.
9a. This website is based in and governed by the laws of California.
9b. Any attempts at promoting gambling, raffles or unauthorized use of this site for fund-raising is strictly prohibited, this would include, But is not limited to such things as charity events,"vote for me/someone I know in a contest", solicitations for medical treatment costs or political campaigns. This means that Kickstarter is also prohibited (and any sites like it).
10. Individuals are only allowed to register once. Anyone found with more than one account will lose all membership privileges. If you have multiple individuals in your household that wish to be members and share an IP address, please inform a moderator.
11. Do not submit/post copyrighted materials, or pictures, content, etc that you do not own. Badger & Blade is not responsible for, and does not assume liability for the content posted by members of this forum. If you feel an infringement has been made, contact the member that posted the material in question.
12. Remember that in the end, it's not solving world hunger. It's just shaving!
Vendors1. Feel welcome! We are grateful to the several vendors and hobbyists who allow wet-shaving to thrive. We welcome you to post freely on all forums, limiting discussion of your products to the "Vendor Corner" forum or threads in which your products are first discussed by another member.
2. Know that SPAM will not be tolerated on the site, and is grounds for immediate termination of posting privileges. Our definition of SPAM includes frequent discussion of your products outside of appropriate forums/threads, any attempts made to use the site as a means of making personal contact (via PM, etc.) with members who have not specifically sought said contact, and advertisement of items which are, in the discretion of moderators, not in keeping with the purpose of the site.
3. Comply with the requests of the moderators. We dont interfere unless its absolutely necessary. We will gladly discuss with you, via private message, any requests we make.
5. Vendors are not to use the B/S/T forum to sell items, or alert members of sales/promotions.
6. In order to promote their products in the Vendor Items for Sale or Hobbyist forums, vendors/hobbyists must have the appropriate paid membership in place and be a member in good standing. For more information, please contact a moderator to become a vendor.
Overview of the vendor ProgramAn overview of the program is as follows:
B&B is pleased to present our vendor program. This program has been designed with comments from vendors and members alike in mind, and in keeping with our goal of keeping B&B a site that is not commercially-oriented. We hope that you'll find the program to be easy to use, and beneficial to your desire to provide supplies and services to B&B members. B&B is by far the most active wetshaving forum on the internet, with the largest member base by a wide margin. We continue to attract new members as we have consciously broadened our discussion topics to include gentlemanly pursuits beyond wetshaving. Despite this impressive growth, we've managed to keep vendor rates quite low, particularly as compared to other internet-based fora and marketing products.
Individuals providing goods or services for profit are free to join the program.
Vendor Subscription Benefits:
- Your own storefront/subforum highlighting your business within the B&B Marketplace. Within your subforum you can create an unlimited amount of threads advertising your products and services. You will be able to interact more freely with members within your storefronts about products and services you offer. Free and open discussion within your personal forums about goods and services will benefit all involved. You should expect in-depth, specific questions about your products and/or services and be prepared to discuss topics including manufacturing processes and ingredients.
- 300 character signature line may be used to promote your business [NOTE: 350 characters are allowed if using BB code]
- Ability to use the "Proud supporter of B&B" logo on your website
- Exclusive access to the vendor lounge - a discussion forum open only to subscribed vendors and B&B moderators.
- Ability to create your own listing in the Vendor Hall of Fame.
Other termsFinally, everyone should be aware that "Badger and Blade", the badger head logo, "B&B", and all combinations thereof when referring to men's grooming; are trademarked and the sole property of Badger & Blade. All content submitted becomes property of Badger & Blade which is free to use any and all submissions for non-commercial purposes.
Lastly, but most importantly, have fun!
How do I accept this agreement?By using or accessing the services, you agree to abide by this agreement without modification by you. If you do not agree, you may not use the services.
All members and vendors must read and agree to the rules in order to participate on Badger and Blade.
This page has been seen 74,068 times.