Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Manufacturer: Gillette Dates in Production: 1955-1960 Type: DE, TTO Weight: 64-66 g Height: 84-mm
Description: Marketed for those who like the feel of a heavier razor or have to cut tough whiskers.
Notes of Interest:
- Contemporary with Blue tip or Flare tip models, but heavier and more agressive.
- With C-1 production, a new '+' mark under each side of the base plate began to appear.
- There were at least two handle styles, pictured on this page. With C-4 or D-1 Gillette lowered the crimped band above the knob slightly. Probably at the same time, a retaining ring replaced the older cross-head bolt inside the handle, the handle hole grew from 6-mm to 7-mm, and the weight was reduced from 66-g to 64-g.
- Date code F is rare, and has only been seen as F-1.
This page has been seen 21,595 times.
- Created byLast updated by
The 7th Annual Sue Moore Auction is right around the corner. Every year members donate items for auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. If you'd like to support this worthy cause please click here to donate an item for auction: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forms/auction-donation-form.1/respond