Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Manufacturer: Gillette Dates in Production: 1955-1960 Type: DE, TTO Weight: 64-66 g Height: 84-mm
Description: Marketed for those who like the feel of a heavier razor or have to cut tough whiskers.
Notes of Interest:
- Contemporary with Blue tip or Flare tip models, but heavier and more agressive.
- With C-1 production, a new '+' mark under each side of the base plate began to appear.
- There were at least two handle styles, pictured on this page. With C-4 or D-1 Gillette lowered the crimped band above the knob slightly. Probably at the same time, a retaining ring replaced the older cross-head bolt inside the handle, the handle hole grew from 6-mm to 7-mm, and the weight was reduced from 66-g to 64-g.
- Date code F is rare, and has only been seen as F-1.
This page has been seen 23,259 times.
- Created byLast updated by