Gillette Bulldog Safety Razor
Manufacturer: Gillette Dates in Production: 1914 to 1924 Type: DE, 3 Piece, Open Comb, Old Type Weight: Height:
Notes of Interest:
- Triple Silver plated, some came in Gold plate, Silver or Nickle plate in the Military sets (1917-18), spiral knurled handle.
- The 1st Bulldog was made for the Chief of the company to meet his desire for a Beefy Stocky bulldog handle. In oval case of grey antique leather, 2 steel blade boxes, 12 blades. Offered in Sears Roebuck catalog 1920 in purple line case, cardboard blade boxes.
- "L" serial numbers (see pictures) were returned to the manufacturer because of some defect, fixed, and re-sold. Thus the L serial numbers are additional serial numbers, not found on every model or marque.
- Thread with info on cleaning silver plated razors (including a Bulldog)
- Gillette Bulldog B&B Reviews
This page has been seen 13,301 times.
- Created byLast updated by
The 7th Annual Sue Moore Auction is right around the corner. Every year members donate items for auction and all monies raised go directly to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. If you'd like to support this worthy cause please click here to donate an item for auction: https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/forms/auction-donation-form.1/respond