- By: Sklegg
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Type: Chicken
Do you like real Mexican food? This is so easy to make.... seriously.
- Chicken breasts
- CORN tortillas
- vegetable oil
- prepared salsa mole (see below)
- real Mexican cheese (Cotija, etc.)
- You can boil the chicken or bake it with some salt and pepper. Let it cool a little then shred it with a fork. (Or just slice it into strips.) Set it aside.
- Heat some of the vegetable oil (just a few tablespoons) in a frying pan and fry the tortillas one at a time. They don't have to be totally crispy, just cooked. This will help them survive the next step.
- Once you have a stack of cooked tortillas take each one and dip it into the mole. Get it totally covered with the sauce. Pull it out and let the excess drip off. Lay it flat on your plate.
- Place some chicken on top (not too much) and fold the tortilla over.
- Sprinkle some of the crumbled cheese on top.
- Get yourself a jar of Doña Maria Mole* in a jar and a few cans of chicken broth.
- Heat the broth in a small pot. It doesn't need to boil or anything. Just get it warm.
- Get a larger pot and heat it to medium. Empty the ENTIRE contents of the jar of mole into the pre-heated pot. Mash the paste around to loosen it up.
- Add your chicken broth slowly. You don't have to be all that precise, just read the jar and go by taste.
- Mix these together until blended well. It should be fairly thick but not pasty.
If you like your mole a little sweet go ahead and add some white sugar.
If you like it extra chocolatey add some Nestle Quik powdered chocolate. Keep mixing until everything is smooth and delicious.
(Set some aside to use as an aftershave, too. It's moisturizing and smells better than Aqua Velva.)
- If you can't find the mole locally I'd be happy to trade shaving gear for it.
You're all finished! Buen provecho!