Dorco was founded in 1955 as Dongyang Light Metal Co., renamed Hanil in 1960, and completed a DE razor blade factory in 1961 in Gaebong-dong, Seoul. Initially blades were carbon steel, moving to stainless in 1968. In 1977 they contracted with Wilkinson for twin-blade technology. In 1990 the company became Dorco. Today the company's production focus is on fixed twin blade disposable shavers. The USA subsidiary was established in 1995, and a subsidiary in México built a factory in the El Florido Industrial Park, Tijuana, in 2005.
- ^Company History and CEO Message, both from http://www.dorcoamerica.com/about.php