What's new

Zut Alors!!! Going French!!!

5F9DE471-56F0-471C-B8D6-0EF8473C0D7B.jpeg

Mon Dieu.
A French razor, (Rasior-Sabre) crafted from
a French forged blank, on French equipment...ground and put together by a Turk. This one should prove to be interesting......stay tuned.

Last edited:
Three day growth.
French shave soap with an odd name. (Mediocre performance at best but has an exceptionally nice scent)
West Coast Shaving Pure Badger brush
40-50 laps on a Tony Miller Notovan strop.
Stage is set.
Outcome was a very nice shave. No significant complaints. Edge is touted as “Shave Ready”; I cannot really dispute that. It’s about a 8 out of 10, most acceptable. However, I have had better. Alfredo Gil or Ulrik Beyer, need not worry.
Unless you are just curious to sample the factory edge or are handy with a set of stones, I might suggest you let Jarrod hone initially. His edges are simply superb.
Anal types may fret some about a few finish flaws, but I merely see this as testimony to hand manufacture.
I‘m thinking this blade is gonna be quite sensitive to different soaps/creams, more so than most. We‘ll find out soon. Shall keep y’all posted.

Last edited:
Nice blade and handle. I bought a Rasoir Sabre's Mon Fier Destrier (NOS French blank) directly from Ertan's hands in Istanbul. His edges are very decent coti edges, but after two shaves I gave it a full spin on lapping film and it's now one of my finest shavers and definitely one of the thinnest grinds I have ever experienced.

Enjoy it!

IMG_1708.jpg

Rasior Sabre...redux.
Recall...in my earlier post I mentioned this razor's performance was gonna be possibly influenced by the choice of soap/cream.
Yep...totally right on that one.
The initial shave was facilitated with a triple-milled soap which was ok but produced a rather thin-ish lather which faded quickly.
Today's episode was with TOBS Royal Forest and a Simpson "Captain" badger brush. Another 40-50 laps on a Herold Russian Oil-Tanned strop and....the planets aligned. Ertan bey knows his way around a coticule...finish is with a Vermont hone. Excellent.
Hell...I may just buy another. 👍🏼

...and I did. Last French forged Rasoir Sabre blade shown in stock. Hopefully more will arrive sooner than later.

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 07.12.47.png

Last edited:
D51A94F1-3F55-475D-97A4-68803A70C8DB.jpeg

Arrived today. Insanely thin grind. Nicely assembled. Obvious this is a carefully hand made product. Ertan Suer has got it going on for sure.

Top Bottom