What's new

YRMV instead of YMMV

I agree with you Randy, in that YMMV isn't fitting, idiosyncrasies aside, and your proposal of YRMV is much better. Personally, I hate using it at all because I feel like it's become almost like a politically-correct-better-cover-my-butt-because-I-shared-an-opinion-thats-possibly-different-than-someone-elses kinda thing and I absolutely refuse to play that game in life or anywhere else. I think one can easily share an opinion and present it as obviously an opinion without having to use silly acronyms to qualify it as such. Many have become gunshy and start throwing it into practically every post and I think that's ridiculous. We should be able to have polite discourse and debate here without the quasi-PC junk.

But, YMMV :wink2:

You mean PCBCMBBISAOTPDTSE.

@ Tony - that computer graphic is funny stuff :)

I'm sure people don't mean it literally either. In private, my girlfriend calls me nuts and I call her crazy lady.

@ Tony - that computer graphic is funny stuff :)

I'm sure people don't mean it literally either. In private, my girlfriend calls me nuts and I call her crazy lady.

Exactly! It's just a variation on "the old ball and chain" or "boss lady" or what have you - it's harmless, plus she thinks it's funny. No one gets all in a toot about equality when we talk about a "man cave". People need to relax.

Besides, if I told you guys what SWMBO and I call each other, I'd have to banish myself in shame. :lol:

Pookie and buttercup is/are shameful? :scared::001_tt2:

Exactly! It's just a variation on "the old ball and chain" or "boss lady" or what have you - it's harmless, plus she thinks it's funny. No one gets all in a toot about equality when we talk about a "man cave". People need to relax.

Besides, if I told you guys what SWMBO and I call each other, I'd have to banish myself in shame. :lol:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
If you don't get the SWMBO you haven't been married long enough. Yrmv. :)

I never liked YMMV. It's your observation and should go without saying that something as obvious as shaving your skin type will differ than mine and will result in a different shave. Not to mention the other thousand differing variables that lead up to a shave. Temp of the room, prep, soap used, razor, blade, pressure, water hardness/softness, etc. so it seems redundant to point out YRMV. As for SWMBO. Tounge & cheek. But seriously, that's to me is "she who must be bumped overboard"....like on a crusie :boat:I'll be damed if it ever came to that. I'd say pack your bags too. As I did my first wife. Now I'm a little wiser and realise realtionships are two way street. What's mine is her's and what's her's is her's:laugh:

Top Bottom