What's new

YRMV instead of YMMV

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
By no means do I think everyone using that acronym is obeying their spouse. If that were the case, they'd not be posting so much on this site. Just the thought of what it represents. I dunno. Personal Preferece. YMMV....

Masculism... :)

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Yes, this!

It's a phrase that's been adopted in great humor, and I'd hate to give that up. Those old commercials from the 70's would shout

THIS CAR GETS 40 MILES TO THE GALLON!
(yourmileagemayvary.)

Its kinda like," Ford Mustang 5.0 for 1000.00 below invoice and free gas for a year!!!!"car subject to prior sale

Did she make you say that?

:lol:

The use of 'SWMBO' is light-hearted and not meant to be taken seriously. The first time I heard the term was in the film 'She' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059710/). I also call my wife 'The Minister for Finance' but that doesn't mean she's a federal politician (although with they money they make...!)

YMMV is perfectly acceptable to me. As long as the meaning is still understood, there's no need to reinvent the wheel.

The use of this term, SWMBO, has become a pet peeve of mine having seen it used liberally and sometimes proudly on the forum. I do not doubt that the term is used in a light hearted manner. But, IMO, it is a derogatory term, not only to the lady in question but to the gentleman using it as well, not only that but it is also a sexist term. I love my wife, my kids go to the school that she chose, we live in the house that she designed and had built, I shave everyday in a pink bathroom because she chose that marble color, when we go out.. we go to a place of her choosing or the kids', but this is not because I fear her or she will take offense if I say no, its because of mutual respect and I go that extra mile to make the wife happy as do we all.

Now, every thread I read, SWMBO this, SWMBO that... she hates the fragrance, she hates the clothes, she disapproves of this product or that... we all go through that, that is a rite of passage that every man since Adam has endured. You don't have to write opuses about it beginning with SWMBO hated it. Don't make her smell your face all the time if her disapproval irks you so much or a joke is only funny the first 3000 times. I mean she is the sweetest thing God created, she makes you want to become the man you can be. You don't have to label her or keep perpetuating this lame, jarring practice.. for the love of God, men!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
In view of the issue that so many have with SWMBO, I suggest we stop using it, and instead use TSFCIMLWIANOTONTPUBU

The significant female companion in my life, whom I am neither obligated to obey, nor to place unwarranted burdens upon.

Now, every thread I read, SWMBO this, SWMBO that... she hates the fragrance, she hates the clothes, she disapproves of this product or that... we all go through that, that is a rite of passage that every man since Adam has endured. You don't have to write opuses about it beginning with SWMBO hated it. Don't make her smell your face all the time if her disapproval irks you so much or a joke is only funny the first 3000 times. I mean she is the sweetest thing God created, she makes you want to become the man you can be. You don't have to label her or keep perpetuating this lame, jarring practice.. for the love of God, men!

There's only been about 5 really original threads on the B+B, EVERYTHING we post is a retread of an older comment at this point.
That doesn't make it any less fun or interesting.....

In view of the issue that so many have with SWMBO, I suggest we stop using it, and instead use TSFCIMLWIANOTONTPUBU

The significant female companion in my life, whom I am neither obligated to obey, nor to place unwarranted burdens upon.

Geeze! What's wrong with "wife"?

hear hear i second that motion it just rolls of the tongue.

... and "Clean Restrooms, next exit" is information, not directions! :w00t:

Thanks for clarifying that... Should shave several hours off my next drive across Texas. Plus, I will have more room for razors since I don't have to haul the cleaning supplies with me!:thumbup:

Top Bottom