What's new

Your top 3 bath soaps?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I like Yardley, Faberge Brut, and Old Spice; even vintage soaps perform well and still have great scent.

1650614339876.png

🇩🇪 Klar Seifen

🇨🇭 Mettler1929

🇦🇹 Walde Seifen

🇮🇹 Nesti Dante, S. M. Novella, Saponificio Varesino

🇫🇷 Savon de Marseille (Union des Professionnels du Savon de Marseille + Rampal Latour)

Sorry, couldn't narrow it to just 3.

🇦🇺 Goat Soap

7AEE56F5-943A-499E-AD3F-575BB5ADC6E3.jpeg

4DE15213-76E9-41E4-846F-027DA39D323A.jpeg

I’ve tried a few bath soaps and settled on this stuff. The label looks a little silly but it’s fantastic soap. I keep it pretty simple in the bath. Once I find something that works I stick with it.

🇺🇸 Aveda Shampure

F2A9E17D-445B-4B72-926E-78D1C64A80A9.jpeg

767E4C57-AD07-45E2-AA7A-089A897DB791.jpeg

Shampoo Bar This stuff is great. No need for a separate condition.

🇬🇧 Mitchell’s Wool Fat

8E6DC34A-2145-4C5C-90D7-4C162FC42BF0.jpeg

C6905895-4C29-44DF-A997-A267F5C58693.jpeg

I use this one in combination with my Henson A13 mild for any shower manscaping. Keeps everything smooth and supple.

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
For years, I've switched between Safeguard and Zest..... just a few weeks ago, I got some African Black soap.... cleans better, faster than anything I've ever used. It is fairly soft so it doesn't last as long.. but my face gets any grease, grime off immediately and it doesn't cause my skin to get red bumps that I sometimes get because of psoriatic arthritis.... It comes in a brick so I cut it into 4 pieces. Over time, the 3 remaining pieces will dry out some so it will last longer.

Grandpa's Pine Tar (my hand, pre-shave, head & body soap most of year)
Packer's Pine Tar (stronger: used for head and body in winter)
Stirling Rosemary Mint (Body only, mostly in winter)

I make some of my own but for commercially available stuff:
Dove
Palmolive
Pre de Provence unscented olive oil soap

I use olive oil soaps for just about everything. Even shaving a lot of days. Perfect for my skin and super slick.

For years, I've switched between Safeguard and Zest..... just a few weeks ago, I got some African Black soap.... cleans better, faster than anything I've ever used. It is fairly soft so it doesn't last as long.. but my face gets any grease, grime off immediately and it doesn't cause my skin to get red bumps that I sometimes get because of psoriatic arthritis.... It comes in a brick so I cut it into 4 pieces. Over time, the 3 remaining pieces will dry out some so it will last longer.
Kim, I know this is an old post but I've been using ABS soap for a week or so now- face wash and shaving with it. I'm sold on it already. I cut off a hunk of the bar, boiled it in water, strained out the rocks and sediment (there were a lot in my hunk of soap) and put it in an old Dr. Bronner's liquid soap bottle. I squirt some in a mug, lather up with a brush and exfoliate my face that way. Even in a weeks time, it's making scars look lighter already. We'll see over time if it replaces some of my favorite olive oil soaps, but right now it's definitely making a push that way.

Duke Cannon and Yardley of London are about the only one's I've used the last year or so. Both are really nice on my skin.

I stock up on Pre de Provence when it is on sale on Amazon and buy a ton of very cool soaps from an artesian in Kingston, Ontario, Canada. Little soap maker that has a storefront that I like to support.

PdP but it's gotten expensive so I'm looking around. Kirks and Ivory aren't bad but I'm using Dove bars now and it's nice and non drying.

Stirling, PAA, Duke Cannon…
Also… Caprina goat milk soap. Buy it in bulk at Costco it works out to less then a dollar per bar. It’s not as nice as the fragranced artisan soaps but it does a good job.

Top Bottom