What's new

Your three favorite safety razors

Have a lot of nice razors, new and vintage but two of my three favorite ones were PIF’ed to me.

1. Early Gillette Super Speed (pif)
2. Mercury 37c slant (same pif)
3. Razorock Hawk (black but I sure wish I had been able to get the hulk green)

honorable mention to PBOC.

1. Stando Zoria
2. Karve Christopfer Bradley
3. Rockwell 6S tied with Mekur Futur
To which Rockwell's plate would you compare Stando Zoria? I also like Rockwell and lately I am intrested in Zoria, but it's hard to find a review and comparison to other razors to know what to expect. The blade gap of Zoria is 0.9, but it is classified by producer as "mild", so I am a little confused 😄 Great razors on your list, so seeing Zoria on n.1 makes me even more intrested.

My favorites, which doesn't necessarily equate to "best", in no particular order:

1. Wardonia Standard - the one made in France that accepts a modern blade. Best DE razor I own, and I own a lot of razors.
2, 1914 Ever Ready Little Lather Catcher

Tied for 3rd just because I like them all the same and they're special for different reasons:

Gillette D1 Toggle - my birth-quarter razor, and a better adjustable than either the Fatboy, Slim, or Super - the bed design is different.
Durham Dorset - cool design and a wider-than-standard head. I use Personna Pathology blades and get great results.
Gibbs Adjustable - I don't care if I have to modify the blades, these are great razors and I own two of them. Best. Adjustable. Ever.

My top three currently are:

Blackland Era #4 Plate
Timeless Ti 0.5 Slim SB
Blackland Blackbird Ti

Lots of great runners up though, including Lupo .72, PAA Meta-4, Chiseled Face Legacy Ti.

Also have a WR-2 .95 on the way which may mix things up a little…

To which Rockwell's plate would you compare Stando Zoria? I also like Rockwell and lately I am intrested in Zoria, but it's hard to find a review and comparison to other razors to know what to expect. The blade gap of Zoria is 0.9, but it is classified by producer as "mild", so I am a little confused 😄 Great razors on your list, so seeing Zoria on n.1 makes me even more intrested.
I would say it would compare to the 3 or 4 plate on the 6S. The Stando is a very smooth razor. The blade gap is a bit deceiving. The blade exposure is neutral or zero depending on how you look at it. A positive blade exposure on a smaller blade gap will result in a more aggressive shave. Just ordered a second from Stando. The new one is the Mara which has a smaller blade gap. Wil post a review when it makes it state side.

I would say it would compare to the 3 or 4 plate on the 6S. The Stando is a very smooth razor. The blade gap is a bit deceiving. The blade exposure is neutral or zero depending on how you look at it. A positive blade exposure on a smaller blade gap will result in a more aggressive shave. Just ordered a second from Stando. The new one is the Mara which has a smaller blade gap. Wil post a review when it makes it state side.
Thank you for your reply 🙂 Now I'm even more intrested. I agree that judging just by a blade gap doesn't tell much about razor's aggressiveness, but it's hard to find comparisons to other razors for this one. I was also thinking about Mara, because I wasn't sure about this blade gap in Zoria. Definitely waiting for your review of Mara 😉

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Here are three top favorites. My #1 is probably the Rotbart No.15 (middle), it just shaves so nice for me.

full

Others are a Golf ASAN and the Gillette President.

I started wet shaving last month and am in love with it. Looking to expand my razor "collection" (lol), just wanted to get a feel for what the community likes, preferably non-gillette or vintage razors. I shave every other day and have slightly sensitive skin (especially in the neck area) and mildly coarse growth (indian heritage)

I will start:
1) KCG -> Razor I started with and the only one I've used so far
2) Baili 179 -> Recent acquisition as part of a deal from Maggards, haven't used yet
3) None yet !

Thank you!
1- RazoRock BBS/AS plate
2- Dscosmetic SD-S.8 titanium
3- RazoRock Mamba 70

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Current - (and as always - highly subject to change)

Blackland Tradere OC
Wolfman WR2 1.15
Tie for third: Charcoal Goods Gen 2 Level 2 / Timeless Ti 95
We are nearly identical. Just take off the Timeless and make the tie for third between the CG Level 2 Gen 1 and the Gen 2. Same order too. I hate to say it, but that Tradere OC knock the Wolf out of the top spot.

Top Bottom