What's new

Your opinions on this suede jacket please

I picked this suede sport coat to wear casually with untucked sport shirts and dark wash jeans. What do you think? Would tweed or wool be a better choice? The suede is soft like a chamois but I worry about rain...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That jacket looks great. Suede is high maintenance. It won't stay new looking very long if you decide to wear it outside of your bedroom. That's just the nature of the beast. And it's expensive to get cleaned. You really need to weigh the negatives. Just accidentally leaning against something can leave permanent markings.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I agree on the high maintenance of suede, though it looks great.

Herringbone Wool Tweed is making a huge comeback, and is a much sturdier choice though.

Love the suede jacket. Had one like the pic that I wore for almost decade. A good one will develop a lot of character over time. Just don't expect it to look new for long.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I picked this suede sport coat to wear casually with untucked sport shirts and dark wash jeans. What do you think? Would tweed or wool be a better choice? The suede is soft like a chamois but I worry about rain...

Once you tuck in that shirt ... :mad3: ... that will look very nice, but you need to pick your spots to avoid rain &c. But say on a date night, it's much more touchable than tweed.

It looks good. BTW - it's best to avoid splashing sardine oil on it. I did this with a suede waistcoat first wearing - it did disappear after a few weeks but it was annoying.

Top Bottom