What's new

Your favourite Mexican dish

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
That's it, it's out. Mexican food and me know each other a bit. I don't know all of it but I know a enough to cook it myself and make it more authentic than Taco Bell (or Taco Bill). I read many books and recipes from Rick Bayless and Diana Kennedy. I went to a few Mexican restaurants and some where aweful (meal went from freezer to microwave in 4 minutes) and some were awesome (food actually cooked fresh).

If I have to pick a cuisine, Mexican is my pick! Some of you might remember the famous Cochinita Pibil thread. More recently, I posted another one where you get a roast and a soup in 1 pot call Pork Barbacoa (but it's better with Chicken if you ask me). I am currently marinating pork that I will cook in the crock pot today in a hanabero sauce. I will then shred it with a fork and eat it in tortillas.

I got a tortilla press and made my own for at least 5 years now. It was difficult at first but now it's easier. I use the regular masa to make them with water and that's all. We eat Mexican food at least 3 times a week in Casa Luc and it would 7 days a week if it were only me but a bit of change is good.

So, I might be missing something out there. I know more than 2 Mexican recipes but what's yours? What do you make and what do like? A recipe is always welcome! :001_smile

Carne asada tacos
Refried bean burrito smothered with green chili.
Huevos rancheros for breakfast.
Chili rellenos
Posole
Fish or shrimp tacos (sounds terrible but is fantastic)

I couldn't pick a favorite. When prepared correctly every one of the above dishes is fantastic!

I've REALLY been wanting to make some Birria.

Other than that, we make a lot of Mexican food too, as well as making our our tortillas from Masa. They taste so much better!

roach coach tacos
$l.jpg

Last edited:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Carnitas is the poor man's duck confit. Instead of duck legs in duck fat, it's pork chunks in manteca (pork lard).

Alambres
Guacamole
Huevos Rancheros

I'm a big fan of Mexican food, likely due to several years of working in Southwestern restaurants. I've been told my guacamole is pretty killer.

Pollo con mole ...washed down with cold horchata...I confess though,Salvadoran horchata with the little seeds tastes better to me...

Just made some bombazz chicken mole pablano. Served with peruvian rice, black beans, guacamole, sour cream and rustic corn tortillas. Thirst was quenched with Spaten Optimator - just because.

Top Bottom