What's new

You boys like Vintage Butterscotch? My First Restore!

Well gents, just like the title says, here is my first restore.

It's an Erskine K-200 that was picked up at a yard sale some years back by my mother. Taking note of my hobby, she handed it over to me around the holidays last year along with about 10 other vintage handles. This is the only one that really tickled my fancy, so I figured I'd try and give it another shot at life.

The end product is the Erskine handle drilled out to accept a TGN Finest 2-band 26mm XH knot set at a cool 47mm of loft. I face lather and use soaps and croaps exclusively.

The knot is essentially a replica of my Simpson Duke 3 in Best.

Anyways, I hope you guys like it! :thumbup:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Really nice, reminds me of my Gimbel's handle. What was the original diameter?

Very nice Erskine!

I got rid of one of those a while back, and they always remind me of a goblet..
Makes you feel fancy when you shave haha.:a38:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I think it turned out really nice.

The original diameter of the knot that was in the brush was like 24-25mm. I only had to widen it slightly to get the knot to fit into the handle.

The toughest part of the whole ordeal was getting rid of all that rubberset material in the handle, what a pain.

Beautiful job. I really like that shape. I've got a few with a similar profile and they are very comfortable in my hand.

Thanks for all the kind words gents. It's getting a LOT of use and I must say, is an absolutely fantastic brush. I couldn't have picked better materials and settings if I tried. Truly very happy with this brush.

Top Bottom