What's new

Yaqi shaving brush

I received a shaving brush Yaqi today. The manufacturer: the Chinese company 石家庄 雅 绮 毛刷.

石家庄, shíjiāzhuāng - Shijiazhuang City District (Hebei Province, China)
雅 绮, yǎqǐ - elegant, beautiful
毛刷, máoshuā - Brush

At first glance, the brush is very beautiful. The knot is soft. The knot is softer than the synthetic Zenith brush, and not very dense. Hairs are thinner than Zenit synthetics. The tips of the hairs are very thin, and some slightly curl. I tried the shaving brush on my face - the hairs do not scratch (unlike Zenith).

A little spoils the impression of the handle - large and heavy for the knot 22 mm. The inscription is not resistant, as in Zenith.

I washed the shaving brush - the hairs did not fall out. There is no mud. I'll shave tomorrow morning.

I tried the shaving brush this morning.

The main advantage is softness. I did not use the shaving bowl, the tips of the hairs are not pricked. This is very important if you use an aggressive razor. There is no additional irritation.

The 22 mm node after the Zenith node of 27 mm is not very elastic and dense. But I can work it as a brush, and in circular motions. Hairs do not fall out.

Foam is enough. Enough for two passes with a razor, and still left. The foam is thick as sour cream.

Yesterday I noticed that the handle is large. But today I did not feel any inconvenience. I did not pay attention to the pen. But visually I want less.

Summary - brush is very comfortable for the face, I will use it.

The new razor Razorock German 37 Slant also pleases. Excellent balance between efficiency and softness. Day 7 with the same Astra Superior Platinum blade. Same clean shave.

Would you be able to compare this to maggards black knot by any chance?

I only have three shaving brush: synthetic Zenith, Omega Syntex and Yaqi.
Zenith and Omega Syntex only for the bowl. Omega Syntex is the most spiky.
Yaqi very soft, not prickly, and it can make the foam on his face.

Top Bottom