What's new

WTT: Rolls Razor Viscount in outstanding condition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents, This is a lovely razor, but it is clear that I'm not going to use it--certainly not to the degree that it deserves.

I'd like to trade it (or sell it) to someone who will, so without further ado, here's the pic (which is probably the main thing any of you are really interested in seeing!).

As you can see, the original paperwork is there. I don't know what the full complement was, but I assume this must be all of it as I can't imagine getting any more into the case. Both the strop and the hone are intact and in good shape; no cuts or gouges, just some rubbing marks that you can make out in the pic. The blade is in very nice shape, and is sharp. The outer case has a bit of corrosion on the brass trim, but is otherwise in excellent shape. Nice velvet, and the hinge is still strong so it snaps shut. Honestly, if I thought I was going to use it, This is the one I'd want, but I haven't used it, and I need to cut down on the unused parts of the collection.

I'll give two value links. It is definitely nicer than this one, which sold at 19.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NICE-VINTAG...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
but not quite as nice as this "unused" one: at 34.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNUSED-ROLL...061236?hash=item2ca5e8d7b4:g:EpUAAOSwf-VWbJ51
One problem I had in deciding on how to value it is that a lot of them just have the cardboard box, and in my mind the clamshell is a real bonus.
If anyone disagrees with the value posts, I'm happy to be corrected.

Anyway, here are a few things I'd be interested in for trade (but don't let the list limit you!):
1922 for my grandfather's birth year. Either an old style or a New Improved, either would be fine, and it doesn't need to be minty (not that anyone was going to trade minty for a Rolls).
1947 SS, which would be my Dad's birth year. I got him into DE shaving a couple of years back, and it would be a kick to give him one of these.
An Atra or Trac II handle that has some heft to it, not a lightweight plastic job. I'd want to feel the mass.

I'm also into camping gear, and could see trading this for a Coleman 502 (or 500) but shipping on that might be more than you're willing to spend.
I'm open to offers, and I have a lot of interests (audio, nice clothes, early Christian theology, the list goes on). Feel free to see if I'll bite.
I'd really rather trade than sell, but if no trades come available we can talk cash. 40% of 34 is 13.60, so $13.

I'm not sure if I have anything to trade, but I would be interested in buying if no one has a trade for you. I will be looking around thinking if I have something easy to ship you may be interested in.

LooksLooks nice and I may be interested in buying if neither a trade nor the guy who already offered to buy works out, but wanted to let you know it's supposed to be 40% off, not just priced at 40%, so you could ask for something around $20

Hey, thanks. I thought 13 seemed mighty low, but wasn't going to argue especially since I was (am...) really hoping for a trade. I'll keep that in mind, although I don't think I can edit anymore. (How short is the post editing window now?)

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
A guy at a flea market tried to swindle me on one of these one time. Yours is in way better shape and are asking less than 50% of what he was asking! It's a nice piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom