What's new

WSJ New Style Kahkis

IMHO-
ANY Jeans/Chinos/Trousers/Dress Pants etc. that are that short just look stupid

Just at ankle level is ok with boots or Converse Hightops, but anything that has "divorced" the ankles aka "At Half-mast" look like something that somebody bought with his pocket money when he was at school and then grew out of.
I've heard of hand me downs, but trousers/jeans that are that short look like "hand me ups" or something borrowed from their little brother's wardrobe

And don't even get me started on men's Capri Pants - they look just like something that the ex girlfriend left behind when she moved out !!

Last edited:
There were also lots of old-timey images of flat-front khakis/chinos as well; I was looking specifically for ones combining the standard "full" cut of the day with pleats. But up until the 'mod' slender look of basically the early 60s (think early beatles outfits as an example) trousers had basically always been far roomier than we are accustomed to nowadays.

proxy.php
proxy.php

Oh, they were/are/will-again-be a thing:

proxy.php

Can't say I'm a fan.

Shouldn't Idopy be spelled............

Ilookdopey !! lol

Those pants look dreadful. I would not associate the style with a retro look. Vintage pants had style and class. Both qualities are lacking from the samples shown in the photo.

Top Bottom