What's new

Worrisome rattles from a Type E Injector

So I got a Type E Injector a while ago, which had a vintage blade in it, and it didn't seem to rattle at all when I got it. However, today I got my modern blades in the mail, loaded one, and... well, it rattles, and the bottom piece that the blade is attached to (pretty securely) moves from side to side very slightly.

I assume this is abnormal, but correct me if I'm wrong. I might have inadvertently pulled it out a little too far when cleaning it. Assuming it's broken, is there anything I can do to fix it, or should I just try to find another one?

Should I try shaving with it, or is that inadvisable? I guess the worst thing that could happen is I cut myself to ribbons, bleed to death, and leave an unrecognizable corpse... umm... I guess that's pretty bad, actually.

If it's a writeoff, I'll probably look for another Type E Injector, hopefully one without a case since this one came with one. I only paid $15 for the whole mess, so if it's unusable it'll suck, but it won't be the end of the world.

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

...except for me being a doofus and not padding it properly and putting a nice plier mark on the spring. :001_rolle

Last edited:
Top Bottom