What's new

Will the real Floid Blu come back

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I've tried all of the Floid Blu clones or dupes out there. So far the closest IMO is RR BLUE LABLE shaving soap. I'll have to get a bottle of the aftershave after I finish up my bottle of Furbo Vintage aftershave. I received a sample of Fine Blue Barber in the male today. It's close, but I think RR is the closest Sar far. The Fine is ok, but I think RR has everyone else beat.

I don't think anybody knows the answer to that one yet. The Floid company did change ownership awhile back, so I think it could happen. They have a remake of a 1930s era scent called "The Genuine". I guess it depends on how much demand they expect for the Blue one.

I have a full bottle of Floid blue that I use sparingly. I have found that Epsilon Blue Mediterranean is by far the closest in scent to Floid blue, and that’s doing a side by side sniff test. Post shave is another story… Epsilon is a bit on the tacky feeling side.

If Floid decides (under their new ownership) not to re-create or offer Blue, I‘ll likely move on to something else and stop giving it a second thought. It’s by far my favourite AS, but no sense in wishing for something that may not happen.

I believe L. Martelli is currently revamping Valobra (body soaps only for the moment) so there is also hope for other classics from their portfolio.

Stocked up when I heard the rumors years ago.

1B36FF85-2AEB-4A9C-94D2-4BCFF15CDA7A.jpeg

A9A9E658-6938-4F38-931A-478470BF2E9C.jpeg

Top Bottom