What's new

Will be visiting a Penhaligon's store soon

My thoughts on the ones I've already smelled:

Opus 1870: love it
Endymion: like it. But maybe too powdery?
Racquets: love the barbershop scent but too powdery - sets off allergies
Blenheim Bouquet: too lemony
English Fern: I really like it. clean. out of the shower scent. doesnt set off allergies. might end up buying this if i dont fall for something else first

Any suggestions, given that profile above, on scents I should try out from Pens?
I'm in a fougere mood since im covered mostly for the other scents, so maybe thats why Im favoring EF right now
thanks

Other than those mentioned you might put your nose on Sartorial (modernized, Brut style fougere) and Douro (sandalwood, oakmoss, and other stuffs).

Sartorial, Elixir, and LP no. 9 for men are all pretty solid. Sartorial is definitely the most unique, with its twist on the fougere genre. Elixir is a spice bomb with a rose and woody core, and LP 9 is a pretty fine oriental that is ruined for me by a bubblegummy clove note in the top and middle.

Another nod for Sartorial. I'm somewhat indifferent to it, but I get compliments from women while wearing it...

I agree on Sartorial... Love it but don't judge it out of the bottle (like most Pen's stuff of course). I like Duoro a lot too but it just didn't last on my skin. You might also try Hammam Bouquet too... Rosy in a strange not feminine way. LP No. 9 might talk to you if you like Opus as well... I find it a sweet but manly frag.

I'm looking for a fresh clean scent that I can wear to work. I'm thinking EF fits the bill. I like Racquets but too powdery as noted above. Would Sartorial or the others be ok work scents?

I'm looking for a fresh clean scent that I can wear to work. I'm thinking EF fits the bill. I like Racquets but too powdery as noted above. Would Sartorial or the others be ok work scents?

Sartorial is a great work scent IMO.

I must admit that I didn't really get powder from Endymion - more like Tira Misu meets CK1... anyway, Quercus is one worth checking out if clean and fresh (and office-friendly) is what you're after. One of my favourite Pens (and one that doesn't get nearly as much play and love as it deserves) is Zizonia: bitter orange, black tea, toasted spices, with a hint of something like pine/fir - Terre d' Hermès for grown-ups. Also, a big +1 for Douro. I love Hammam Bouquet, but if you don't like powder, then it's not for you.

Top Bottom