What's new

Which to take on travel?

So I've got my choice of razors, but I want to take something not terribly difficulty to replace when I fly next week.

So I'm wondering what you guys would take, between:

Gillette SuperSpeed
Gillette Tech Travel Razor

Take the tech. If the airport staff decide to grab it (and I have head of DE theft regarding air travel before) you shouldn't have too much trouble finding another one.

I go with a Gillette travel Tech.
I have an English one that came with an old Gillette travel kit I picked up somewhere years ago.
It takes up zero room and shaves great. More room for your brush.

Tech! Take the Tech. Put a note in it..."Medical equipment...used for shaving my gonads. Please do not touch!"

That should help!

Have a great trip, Mr. Mockett...(for the record-- I understood YOUR position on the pamphlet! You've been "around" a little and understand our rich traditions and something about the craft.)

But I'm done with that subject. DON"T LET THEM HAVE YOUR SUPERSPEED!

Tech! Take the Tech. Put a note in it..."Medical equipment...used for shaving my gonads. Please do not touch!"

That should help!

Have a great trip, Mr. Mockett...(for the record-- I understood YOUR position on the pamphlet! You've been "around" a little and understand our rich traditions and something about the craft.)

But I'm done with that subject. DON"T LET THEM HAVE YOUR SUPERSPEED!
Good idea on the tip, Mr Gillette. I'll let you know how that goes :biggrin:

I appreciate the note too. I've been around enough to know how great of a place this is, and how valuable a resource to new shavers and old alike. If a pamphlet comes out, I'm just likely to shoot it down as you are, if it's not "right" :wink:

Tech it is, which is what I was leaning towards. I have one in a nice little leather case, I can even bring it as a carry-on (sans blades, of course). I'll keep the superspeed safe at home (shaved with it this morning, actually).

And as a side note, after shaving with the SS, I think I'll loan my blue-tip to my dad, since it's a more mild shaver than the regular SS.

It shouldnt matter what razor you take...just make sure you dont have blades in it and you shouldnt have a problem...they cant do anything if you have no blade in it...best of luck with your travels

That should help!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
What happens if they don't know what a Gonad is? I offer another note you could use.. a more urban slang for you...perhaps you are flying out of Detroit or Philadelphia...

"Yo, don't jack my tech.. it's used fo shavin deez nutz. Ya Dig?"

BTW, I would take the tech. Leave that Superspeed at home!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
What happens if they don't know what a Gonad is? I offer another note you could use.. a more urban slang for you...perhaps you are flying out of Detroit or Philadelphia...

"Yo, don't jack my tech.. it's used fo shavin deez nutz. Ya Dig?"

BTW, I would take the tech. Leave that Superspeed at home!

Hah, that's funny :biggrin: I'm flying out of Newark actually, and have a three hour layover in Texas. No idea what I'll do out there for three hours. Probably drink so I can sleep on the plane.

It's nice having these choices. I switched out my Rocket after last week (that's the winner so far) and I'm trying the SS, then next week will be the fat boy or black adjustable.

+1 on the Tech. Slip the handle inside an empty blade box (e.g.) Derbys, screw the handle of, thus it occupies zero space and the head is protected. You could even travel with a loaded blade like this safely. Of course, not on the airport.

I agree with everyone else. Take the tech. It looks very nonthreatening if unscrewed and is easier and cheaper to replace.

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. Personally the travel tech that I have gives me terrible shaves. If the shave was equally good then go with the tech. For me, I like having a regular sized handle so I carry a red tip SS with me in my frequent travels. I do have a padded envelope with me and plenty of postage in case someone tries to take it from me. It hasn't been an issue in the last 6 months or so of domestic and international travel though.

i have a wilkinson classic which costs 2 and a half euros to replace if it breaks is lost, which is my travel razor, the thing is, dont take any razor that can not be replaced, remember that the last superspeed was manufactured around 30 something years ago, and the travel tech is probobly older, a good condition replacement will set you back around 20-30 dollars as a low point, and their supply is much more finite then currently produced razors,

so as a travel razor, you might want something much easier and cheaper to replace,
http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Edge-...d_bbs_10?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1205351124&sr=8-10

something that wont make you cry when ot falls to the floor of a hotel, gets taken in airport security or gets lost with your luggage,

Take whichever one you like shaving with better. Put it in your carry-on, but make sure there isn't a blade in it. Put the blades in your checked baggage.

Hah, that's funny :biggrin: I'm flying out of Newark actually, and have a three hour layover in Texas. No idea what I'll do out there for three hours. Probably drink so I can sleep on the plane.

It's nice having these choices. I switched out my Rocket after last week (that's the winner so far) and I'm trying the SS, then next week will be the fat boy or black adjustable.

I can guarantee that Texans know what a gonad is...hell, they EAT them there!:lol:

I'm going to go against the grain on this one. Personally the travel tech that I have gives me terrible shaves. If the shave was equally good then go with the tech. For me, I like having a regular sized handle so I carry a red tip SS with me in my frequent travels. I do have a padded envelope with me and plenty of postage in case someone tries to take it from me. It hasn't been an issue in the last 6 months or so of domestic and international travel though.

Doesn´t have to be a travel tech. A normal Tech also takes almost zero space.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I'll jump in here and help beat this dead horse a little more. My travel tech permanently resides in my dopp kit. Like others have said, it takes almost no space and works great. Of the two choices you have given this is pretty much a no-brainer; the tech wins hands down.

HOWEVER, I also like to toss in a couple of BIC disposable single blade razors, just in case my blades get lost with my checked baggage or I get delayed and feel the need to shave in the terminal.

Top Bottom