What's new

Which Razor should I use for Shave #100 with the Wilkie

which razor should I use for shave #100 on the Wilkie

• BRW - Custom (you pick which one of the 12)

• Gillette Senator

• Gillette 1941 Aristocrat

• Gillette Rocket HD

• Gillette Red Tip

• Gillette Super Adjustable (short or long handle)

• Gillette Goodwill (US or Canadian)

• Jagger DE89

• Fatip

• Weber

• Futur or Vision or Progress

• Slant (37c or 39c)

Results are only viewable after voting.
For those who have been following my oddesy with a British triple coated Wilkinson Sword blade, Next Saturday (Aug 31st) will mark shave #100 on a single DE blade.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/349341-So-How-far-would-YOU-go

You choose which Razor I should use for Shave #100 with the Wilkie

I can't post a poll on the already open thread (polls must be in the first post in a thread) so I started this one for any who are interested to jump in and say what I should use for the Wilkie's 100th shave

I can only have 12 choices in a poll so a few will require a post to say which.

Toggle. If not that then either the Aristocrat or Senator. Something vintage for sure. You are shaving with a razor blade that is vintage and fabulous. You need to honor it with an equally vintage and fabulous razor. British Aristocrat #15 would be another good choice, or a #66. For gosh sakes don't put it in a Futur or something.

Going a bit "ATG" here: Super Adjustable (long handle)! It seems to get along fine with most any blade.

You should have that blade plated. :tongue_sm

I'm going to have it bronzed and mounted next to my baby shoes :001_smile

proxy.php

Mick:

Interested to know what razor you used for the first shave? Any recollection? Maybe that would be the go-to for the centennial!

Todd R.

Not to be a party-pooper, but what would happen if the blade finally crapped out at 98 or 99?

Todd

I am noticing a degradation in the quality of the shave. It is like it has hit a wall yesterday. Today's shave was not worse but it is no longer smooth and sharp like it was last week.

Amazing. All of a sudden POW... I'm done for...

I am sure it will go 6 more shaves but they are not the smooth comfortable type shave that the previous 91 shaves were.

I don't think I will have to "force it" or "endure" an awful shave but it is not the blade it was last week.

Top Bottom