What's new

What's Your Newest Soap?

Looking forward to trying it! How would you rate the performance?

I find CB to be a top tier artisan with good performance and excellent post shave. Not quite as good as B&M or Stirling but very close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll see what the newest ones will be.
IMG_20180524_155250307.jpg

That looks like an interesting array. I took a look at the Groomatorium website and they have some collaborations with Zoologist for more money. I am guessing that they use the same base but I don't know for sure. Have you tried any of those?
Heard good things about them but a little pricey for me.

We'll see what the newest ones will be.
View attachment 885835
Very nice! I got a similar delivery from them recently and am working my way through them. This morning was Trade Winds, and it was Summer Storm before that. I got a puck of GTB last year, so I already new the soap base was top shelf, but I wanted to see what other scents they have. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts as you go through these.

Very nice! I got a similar delivery from them recently and am working my way through them. This morning was Trade Winds, and it was Summer Storm before that. I got a puck of GTB last year, so I already new the soap base was top shelf, but I wanted to see what other scents they have. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts as you go through these.
Just with my sniffer I lean towards Sherlock, Tradewinds and Santa Paula besides the GTB which is my Favorite soap/aftershave scent currently in the den. I'm not good at describing scents but these in the container seem to click with me.

My newest soaps are samples that I hope will lead to a new favourite or two. I am specifically looking for something cooling (but not freezing) for the summer months. Since I was ordering samples of cooling soaps already, though, I figured why not try out some of Stirling's versions of some of my favourite B&M scents: Bay Rum for Bay Rum, Coniferous for Taiga, and Barbershop just for sheer joy. Sadly, Barbershop is struggling already since it apparently smells like my wife's uncle.

Even in wrap, these smell amazing! I can't wait to shave tomorrow :thumbup:

20180524_173842.jpg

Catie's Bubbles is an artisan that I never got around to trying. Not sure why. I just order 2 ounce samples of
A Midnight Dreary
Irish Coffee
LPV
La Terre Verte
Ocian Grove
Purple Grapefruit
Royal Garden

I am a fan of Catie's Bubbles. I love the scents (Midnight Dreary, Gardenia, Royal Garden). The soaps lather up quickly and nice and thick. Lacks the slickness of Tabac, but I have never had any nicks or irritation from shaving with them. Just got Catie's Revolution but have not tried it yet.

My newest soaps are samples that I hope will lead to a new favourite or two. I am specifically looking for something cooling (but not freezing) for the summer months. Since I was ordering samples of cooling soaps already, though, I figured why not try out some of Stirling's versions of some of my favourite B&M scents: Bay Rum for Bay Rum, Coniferous for Taiga, and Barbershop just for sheer joy. Sadly, Barbershop is struggling already since it apparently smells like my wife's uncle.

Even in wrap, these smell amazing! I can't wait to shave tomorrow :thumbup:

View attachment 885870
Looks like a good group to make a selection from. I have Margaritas in the Arctic and Orange Chill and love them !!

DG Yuzo/Rose/Patchouli, Catie's Bubbles Revolution and Asylum Shave works Frankincense and Myrrh.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom