What's new

What's your favorite online coffee supplier?

Sweet Marias. Tom travels to the various countries, personally cups and selects the lots and is committed to Fair Trade. I like knowing the people who work to produce the coffee are fairly compensated. The coffees are excellent.

They certainly have some very amusing Youtube videos.

Being in Canada, online coffee ordering can be expensive, with shipping usually not free from Canadian sources and always expensive from US sources. Just one of the realities of living in the Great White North.

So I usually just get coffee from Costco and it's good enough.

But one of these days I'll get a BRC t-shirt if nothing else.

That's a drag, but partially balanced by the ease with which you can buy chocolate that has real chocolate in it, and Wunderbars. In my limited understanding Black Rifle doesn't have magical bean sources. It's been good stuff though and I've never run into a quality issue. Timmy's bags are pretty popular at my local Costco. I've heard good things about the Mayorga Cubano stuff they sell and been meaning to try it.

I'm blocks from a nice roaster here in Columbus. Stauf's.

When ordering online friend that worked at Glacier National Park turned me into Montana Coffee Traders. Just solid blends. It's been a bit since I've ordered any.

Happy Mug.

Edinboro, PA

Roasted coffee, green coffee, and a great tea selection.

Their prices are really good too.

There's a coffee roaster local to my parents that sells at the same farmers market my parents sell greens at. They also sell online, and I bought from their online store once when my folks didn't keep me stocked up:

Muddy Dog Coffee*

Currently drinking their Mocha Java Harrar Style, a medium to full city roast with chocolate berry notes. Would also recommend the Chatham Street blend for dark roast fans. I haven't had a bad coffee from them.

*I have no affiliation with the company and get nothing for recommending them (except the warm and fuzzy feeling I may be helping out a small business)

These days, North of the 49th, in BC, I order from Moja. They seem like a quality small business. At three pounds the shipping is free and they have Chemex filters at a reasonable price. Just a while ago I was ordering from Ethical Bean - where free shipping was triggered at only 2.25lbs - but I had to find someone else when I discovered that they had been bought out by Heinz-Kraft in the summer of 2018. Also, EB beans were often far from freshly-roasted, sometimes a month old. One time my package got redirected to the wrong address, somewhere up North, and when the package finally arrived a week later I heard not one peep out of EB. No apology, no coupon offer. (That's when i started investigating).

I'd say Moja is slower to ship than EB but the freshness is on point. And buying from a small business gives me that warm fuzzy feeling.

I will look into MB&MT V :thumbup:

'Mercedes Beans and Model Teas' in Hazelton B.C. has great coffee & is available online.

They certainly have some very amusing Youtube videos.

Being in Canada, online coffee ordering can be expensive, with shipping usually not free from Canadian sources and always expensive from US sources. Just one of the realities of living in the Great White North.

So I usually just get coffee from Costco and it's good enough.

But one of these days I'll get a BRC t-shirt if nothing else.

Top Bottom