What's new

Whats the most ?

You have ever paid for after shave ? I once lived in the Philippines, & after come home for a while here in Wales I flew back and had a stop over in Abu Dhabi. So with time on my hands of course I went to the Duty Free. There I seen a counter just for a after shave I try to get for a long time. The way it was all set out was amazing, and there it was. I paid 98 GBP for it this was back in 2003, here it is now http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Opulent-S...251063632778?pt=fragrance&hash=item3a748f038a

and its the best after shave/mens perfume I have ever bought.

All of my aftershaves are under ten dollars a bottle. Maybe the 100ml Proraso splash was a little more, but not much. My only real splurge is a bottle of TOBS Sandalwood, which cost maybe $35 at Pasteur's. I get great mileage out of my cheap-o ASes.

I coughed up $68 for a shipped bottle of Penhaligon's English Fern, the only time I ever found it on discount. I tried to get their Blenheim Bouquet also, but the stock ran out.
I laid out about $36 for a bottle of Trumper's Spanish Leather at the same "fire sale," along with a several others of lesser cost, spending about $150 total as I recall.
That was my biggest AS splurge.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
i think of aftershave as "apply after a shave" therefore i separate it from the cologne. most i paid for AS was a bottle of Proraso around $13. Cologne i try not to buy, but rather ask for it for bday/christmas. i like, Kenneth Cole, Versace, John Varvatos all range from $50-$80. and so far have successfully never bought a bottle.

So far around $20 for a bottle of Col Conk Amber.

Wasn't worth it, it basically smells like nothing; I added some rose fragrance oil to it, to give it some sort of usable scent.

And I am in the same boat as DEshave: aftershave and cologne are not the same thing. Although thus far the most expensive cologne I have is around $30. I simply can't afford the really expensive stuff, and a lot of the cheap classics are great anyway!!

I think $35 for Edwin Jagger aloe vera aftershave lotion. Ended up giving it away since it triggered migraines for me.

I guess my most expensive AS is Irisch Moos ($17.99/1.7oz/50ml). A nice scent, but it reminds me of Aqua Velva, too strong & I hardly ever wear it. Hopefully one of my brothers-in-law will like it.

Top Bottom