What's new

What’s the modern answer to a more aggressive tech?

Yaqi Sentinel inox clone Gillette teck or WR2 gap 1.35 or 1.50. price 55 $ only head
Shield DE titanium clone WR2 or Gillette Tech clone ( gap 1.15 ) 65 $ only head

IMG_20230226_153522.jpgIMG_20230226_101720.jpg

I’ve been commenting here, but one answer to a more aggressive Tech is making a regular Tech more aggressive:
They have a couple options; I printed an open comb one but there’s also a Henson-style safety bar.

How about the EJ 3one6? To me it’s very similar to a tech but more efficient.
I second that. 3ONE6 is one hell of a razor too. I have the lighter aluminum handled version, but if you like a heavier razor they have a stainless steel knurled handle version as well. the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 is MUCH more efficient than a tech.

I have a lowly 60's Gillette Tech and I get terrific shaves with a Feather or a Nacet blade. Sometimes I use a shim (an old blade with the edges trimmed off) for a little more blade exposure and blade gap.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
We all know the feather as-d2 is the modern tech. But I was just curious what the answer to a modern DE was if you were to make a Gillette tech more aggressive by taking the same razor and increasing blade exposure?
Simplest way to increase some aggression is install a KAI SS DE blade, they are extra wide by about 9/1000 of a inch or .0045 inches per side to give it a extra boost in performance. The Kai blade is sharp & smoooth with excellent longevity and I will always have a few tucks around for milder razors that I own and like to use those razors once in a while.
Here is some additional information on this thread on the KAI SS blade on fellows who got a chance to use them.
YY KAI SS DE Blade Kai .871inch wide Astra SP .862 wide-2.jpg
Have some great shaves!

How about the EJ 3one6? To me it’s very similar to a tech but more efficient.

I second that. 3ONE6 is one hell of a razor too. I have the lighter aluminum handled version, but if you like a heavier razor they have a stainless steel knurled handle version as well. the Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 is MUCH more efficient than a tech.
I have 259 shaves on my Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 with the SS knurled handle. I never thought about it being tech like. I have only 28 shaves on my pre-war fat handle tech. So never quite got off the ground with it. I definitely prefer the 3ONE6.

I second the recommendation of the Carbon Cx, and would also add the Chiseled Face Legacy Razor. Ron of Chiseled Face says he made it based on the Weber PH and the Gillette flat-bottom tech.

@Music is right, I borrowed a Chiseled Face Ti for the past week from a member who is borrowing a Ti razor from me.

Quite possibly the smoothest shaver I have experienced, and I know I have owned a lot of razors. I would put it up there with the Diamondback 2020 and RS-10. Really marvelous… I have to order one. Just don’t know which handle, imperial or industrial.

Top Bottom