What's new

What’s on Your Black Friday List?

Today would be a good day to grab a YAQI Romulus. I only added it to a cart to check prices and it's $43 shipped. If you're on the fence about a SE razor, just do it. I don't normally promote Chinese made products, but I love my Romulus razor.
I will totally agree on the Romulus. It is well designed and versatile. It is a smooth shaver with a feather pro or p-30. It is a moderately aggressive razor with a feather super. It is not perfection, but for the price it’s a great little razor.

A whole bunch of Stirling shave soaps.

Also, a custom G5C synthetic shave brush from Shavemac, but I already ordered that as their 20% off sale is running now through the 24th.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Edwin Jagger 19mm jar(ish) shaped black handled brush in best badger.

Edwin Jagger 19mm jar(ish) shaped black handled brush in synthetic silvertip.

(I already have one in super)

I think I have dodged these two. The more I looked at them, the more I was reminded of the handle on my Vulfix 660S. @Cal has a very simple handle test, which I really like. If you're aware of it while using it, it fails. The 660S fails that test.

20231019_100343.jpg

The Super Badger Jagger on the right, melds into the hand perfectly, as does the Simpson Case. With the 660S on the left, I am aware that I'm gripping the base, and the fatter part of the body, and that there's an air gap between. It's not uncomfortable, but neither does it feel secure in my hand.

The currently available 19mm best badger and synthetic silvertip badgers from Jagger, look like they'll feel more like that Vulfix on the left than the Jagger on the right. Here's the pics of the current shapes for the synth and best:

ej286synst.jpg 1ej876_-_01_-_front_new-min.jpg

I think I'd love the knots, but might hate the handles. I need to sit back and hope these 19mm knots will appear in different handle shapes in future. Something that doesn't reduce as severely at the base.

Cyril R Salter creams. Essential Lime, Sublime Citrus, Wild Rose or French Vetiver. Or Wickhams 1912 English Rose. Or Taylor of Old Bond Street creams. Rose, Eton College or Oud.

(Only two soaps/creams maximum though, not that whole list)

I think I've dodged this one too. I've got myself a selection of samples to try instead. I should have tried them enough to make good use of the New Year sales though.

Simpson Berkeley 46 in sovereign fibre.

(Already got pure and best)

Again, dodged. I'm liking my Simpson Special in Sovereign which is smaller. I'm not convinced I want the slightly bigger Beaufort too. Besides which, the only ones on sale, are the Ltd Ed colours.

So my earlier watch list is utterly defunct. 🤣 I still might be lured into something, but I'm no longer considering any of the things I was previously watching prices on.

I suppose I should mention what I ended up getting - two Rockwell 6S razors (one as a gift) and the Rex Konsul.

I’m still waiting on the Konsul as it hasn’t been made yet. I’m hoping it will be even better than the 6S as that’s my favorite thus far (better than my GCK and 34C).

Top Bottom