What's new

What’s in your Shave Den?

I have too much to list, but here's some pictures of mine.
The shelf my shaving soap and the space under my sink that I store my blades and extra aftershave is a unsightly mess, but out of sight so I get no complaints from my lovely wife.
20200120_104620.jpg20200120_102203.jpg20200120_104802.jpg20200120_104835.jpg20200120_104705.jpg

The shelf my shaving soap and the space under my sink that I store my blades and extra aftershave is a unsightly mess, but out of sight so I get no complaints from my lovely wife.
View attachment 1055002View attachment 1055003View attachment 1055004View attachment 1055005View attachment 1055006

Your pictures, in relation to mine, remind me of an old George Carlin bit about other drivers on the highway.

It went something like...

"You ever notice that people who drive slower than you are a-holes and that people who drive faster than you are maniacs?"

So it is in the shaving realm...

Your pictures, in relation to mine, remind me of an old George Carlin bit about other drivers on the highway.

It went something like...

"You ever notice that people who drive slower than you are a-holes and that people who drive faster than you are maniacs?"

So it is in the shaving realm...
Yeah, I've gone bit overboard with my acquisitions. I've cut back quite a bit lately though. I only bought a couple razors in 2019.
I'd love to hear what George Carlin would have to say if were alive and saw all of my shaving gear! He'd probably be able to an entire stand up special that would absolutely hilarious and be absolutely right on the nose true.
By the way, I like the layout of your den! It's not chaotic like mine.

I don't have a "Shave Den"...I have my one drawer in the bathroom vanity cabinet! I've got int very neatly organized (unlike the other members of my family's drawers), but it must accommodate my shaving and hair products (and I'm a hair guy!) so it's a little tight, but workable! Again, ORGANIZATION is the key! And, fortunately, I am a bit of a minimalist when it comes to product variety - I have my go-to's and I stick to them!

Perhaps I will inherit another drawer soon, as our daughter recently graduated college and is likely moving out on her own. Nahhhhh, I'm positive that vacated drawer will NOT be available to me! I am richly blessed none-the-less!
My mom has a whole bathroom filled with her stuff! My dad, brother and I manage with one 😊 I love hair products too, my main are Nivea Men Styling Cream and Brylcreem. I used Suavecito Pomade for awhile but I have longer hair now so I prefer the light-hold creams.

Razors:
Edwin Jagger 89lbl, Rockwell 6C, Muhle Taos
**Bucket List: SLOC, Merkur 39C**
Brushes:
Razorock Big Bruce, Fendrihan Black/White, Omega Boar#10066, AOS Pure Badger
Razor Blades:
GSB, Personna Lab Blues, 7 O'Clock Green, Yellow, Black, Permasharp,...
Soaps/Creams:
Stirling samples, TOB Aloe Vera, Hasslinger Aloe & Schafmilch, PDP 63, Proraso Red
After Shave:
Thayers WH, Jack Black Balm, Lucky Tiger Vanishing Cream, Nivea Post Shave Balm, Taconic AS
Thanks for sharing. I have quite a few of the Gillette 7 o clock yellows and greens too, I just love Gillette blades. Really enjoyed the Lord Classic as well.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I don't have a "Shave Den"...I have my one drawer in the bathroom vanity cabinet! I've got int very neatly organized (unlike the other members of my family's drawers), but it must accommodate my shaving and hair products (and I'm a hair guy!) so it's a little tight, but workable! Again, ORGANIZATION is the key! And, fortunately, I am a bit of a minimalist when it comes to product variety - I have my go-to's and I stick to them!

Perhaps I will inherit another drawer soon, as our daughter recently graduated college and is likely moving out on her own. Nahhhhh, I'm positive that vacated drawer will NOT be available to me! I am richly blessed none-the-less!
Don't feel bad, I don't have a shave den either, but I do have a shelf. 😂

Edwin Jagger DE89L
Wilkinson Sword TTO
Erbe TTO razor (similar to WS razor, just WAAAAAAY bigger blade gap and twice the price)
Rockwell 6S
Nanjie razor (bought for the plastic box it came in, never used either 😂)

Omega49 boar
Botega Verde synthetic (local cosmetics shop but this replaced my omega)

Nivea sensitive balm

Palmolive stick (2) and grated stick (1)
Tabac stick (2) and grated stick (1) (can't get puck for a good price here)
Wilkinsn sword stick (1open 1 new) - will not replace
Speick stick grated - will not replace
Arko stick pressed - will not replace

More than 200 Polsilver SI, could be 250
100 Nacet (got them today)
aprox 70 Astra SP (old)
aprox 70 Gillette Bleue Extra
aprox 10 individual tucks of different brands mostly 1 or 2 blade used (Wilkinson Sword, Voshkod, Timor, Shark, Bic,...)
Considering to pull the trigger on 100 wizamets

Quite a collection. I enjoy the tabac scent. Is your WS tto the plastic or metal razor?
And what do you mean by pulling the trigger on the polsilver blades

View attachment 1055002View attachment 1055003View attachment 1055004View attachment 1055005View attachment 1055006

Ok I am showing my girl your pics. I am also going to be telling her she is no longer allowed to complain that I have too much shave stuff. Thank you for helping me with my girl. Btw how man fat boys do you own, and is that a toggle I see.

Ok I am showing my girl your pics. I am also going to be telling her she is no longer allowed to complain that I have too much shave stuff. Thank you for helping me with my girl. Btw how man fat boys do you own, and is that a toggle I see.
I'm happy to here that I helped you out!
I have 3 regular fatboys, one gold plated Fatboy that has a different name for the set it was it, and you do indeed see a Toggle.

View attachment 1054994
View attachment 1054995
View attachment 1054996

A slightly old set of photos, but generally still like this. Prowling around Ohio's Burlingtons and Marshalls has added more varieties of Creamo Creme and other creams to the Arsenal of Shavocracy.
Wait I thought you didn't lather your creams?!

Also find it humorous that your profile picture fits every post you make😂

My pfp is basically what I have and this is where they're stored. I like staying compact so I'm not buying anything until I'm done with what I got.

Attachments

• 15800199778378072848047780593933.jpg
    15800199778378072848047780593933.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Razors- Gillette SS, Schick Krona, the Micro touch One branded version of the Weishi, and a Schick Hydro cartridge razor for the spots under my nose and tip of my chin.

Blades: about 94 Derby Premium blades out of a pack of 100.
15 Dorco blades in the blue and white packaging
About 4 Kroger store brand blades of unknown origin.

Brushes-VDH basic boar brush and Anbbas Badger brush.

Soaps-2 pucks of VDH scented and 5 pucks of Williams Mug shaving soap.

Aftershave first part-Osma Alum block
Aftershave second part-
Pinaud Clubman regular
Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum
Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
Aqua Velva blue

I'm happy to here that I helped you out!
I have 3 regular fatboys, one gold plated Fatboy that has a different name for the set it was it, and you do indeed see a Toggle.

I need to find a fatboy. I did show your pics to my girl and she did say she wont say I have too much now.

Top Bottom