What's new

What’s in your Shave Den?

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Very well done, you can consider me truly amazed.
btw why the barber's pole is like it is? Is there a specific history of it? Is it an american thing originally?
The red, white and blue barber's pole is an American thing. Most other countries use the same design but traditionally only red and white.

The red, white and blue barber's pole is an American thing. Most other countries use the same design but traditionally only red and white.
thanks, I did not know that but I love these things that stayed with us because we got used to it a few hundred years ago... not to mention how modern surgery has developed out of barbershops

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I have been wet shaving for over 24 years. Over the years, I've accumulated so many shaving stuff. From soaps to razors to blades etc.
Over the last couple of weeks, I managed to tidy up by selling as well as giving away stuff that I no longer need or use. I'm now left with stuff I love and use often. Here's my shave den. Still looks like I have a lot, but these are products that really work for me at this point in time. I'm still contemplating getting a Rex Ambassador and a Homelike Taiga. These will definitely be the icing on the cake [emoji1787].

Stay safe!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Thats not a den thats a shop :thumbup:

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Okay, I'm stupid enough to ask . . . @ERS4, what is that medieval torture device in the back?

View attachment 1320211

It's a vintage hair cutter called a "hand clipper", it doesn't need electricity, just use it like scissors to trim hair. But the palm will be very sour.
I still use it occasionally.

Although now is the age of electrical equipment, some traditional barber shops/salons still use hand clipper to trim some details.

The electric hair cutter we are familiar with is its descendant.
9a5a2e1a64ce6c671d5d325656eede07.jpeg

I have been wet shaving for over 24 years. Over the years, I've accumulated so many shaving stuff. From soaps to razors to blades etc.
Over the last couple of weeks, I managed to tidy up by selling as well as giving away stuff that I no longer need or use. I'm now left with stuff I love and use often. Here's my shave den. Still looks like I have a lot, but these are products that really work for me at this point in time. I'm still contemplating getting a Rex Ambassador and a Homelike Taiga. These will definitely be the icing on the cake [emoji1787].

Stay safe!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
Wow! I'd say your cake is pretty well iced already.
But it looks like you could squeeze more in, if you really have to 😛

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
In 4 short years I have gone from cartridge razors & canned goo to a collection 45+ razors(just won a rare razor raffle :a22: ) , 22+ soaps, 600+ blades and aftershaves & products I never even knew they could be used for shaving.
Retired and a couple of serious surgery's I had to spend some money on this interesting hobby and it's might be hard for some to believe but I have saved enough $ to almost pay for it all because I trim my own hair and have not bought any cartridge razors or blades & goo saving approximately $420 per/year. I have enough gear for 6 + years so it was worth the effort to learn how to shave properly.(No regrets at all)
Maybe I spend a little to much time on the shave forums but there are interesting folks & topics and have learned a lot from shaving to photography, history........
(This is the bulk of my shave gear but I have added since these are older pictures -each rack holds 8 razors >DE=36% ,SE=64%)
Ron's latest Shave Den accumilation of gear Oct 24th 2020.jpg
Brush collage of new brush and razor holder..jpg

Have some great shaves!

Razors:
1. Mach 3
Blades:
4 or 5 mach 3’s
Brushes:
3 Omega boars
1 Zenith boar
Shaving Soaps/Creams:
About 5/8 of a kilo of Cella
Aftershave Splashes:
Ogallala Bay Rum double strength
Ogallala Bay Rum Limes and Peppercorn double strength
Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Pinaud Special Reserve
Pinaud 50/50 lime sec n citrus musk
Brut
Old spice
Aftershave Balms:
1. Lucky Tiger face tonic

I would like a badger brush at some point and probably try Vitos soap when I run out of Cella.

I refuse to answer the question on the grounds that I may incriminate myself.

I have much more than I thought but, less than some.

When I feel the need, I’ll move some more items along and then fill the empty spaces with something else.

I don’t look at it as a collection. I look at it as different gear for different places and challenges on my journey.

Four elephants, two horses, nine badgers, sheep, cows, water buffalo, boars, a turtle and a kangaroo.

I’m thinking of opening a zoo!

Top Bottom