What's new

What's in the handle of the Gem Parade?

I just received a nice Gem Parade. In cleaning it, I noticed that there was some type of plug inside the handle, preventing me from cleaning it all the way to the end. I'm assuming there's some lead shpt or other weight in there. Does anyone know? Hope the plug holds up to ultrasonic cleaning.

s-l1600.jpg

I just examined my Gem Parade, which AFAIK is the way it came from the factory. There is an opening in the end of the handle. No plug. I'm guessing someone put sand or other ballast in the handle of yours to add weight, thereby making the razor slightly more aggressive. The Gem Parade BTW was made circa 1938 up to WW2. As you know, it's a nicely shaving razor of unusual appearance.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
My Gem Parade has a hollow black baton handle, But I do recall that Treet also had Tapered baton handles with different colors and were sealed off. Treet handles are very nice and rare & look similar to Gem Jr parade, Treet is part of the A.S.R family of shaving products.
I really enjoy the Gem Junior 1912 Parade with the baton handle, it feels vary natural in my hand and nimble.

Gem Junior parade with baton handle.....................Treet with their baton handle that was sealed off. They also had black handles.
Gem JR Parade Mfg 1943 variant (2).jpg
treet satety razor 1.2.jpg

Have some great shaves!

My Gem Parade has a hollow black baton handle, But I do recall that Treet also had Tapered baton handles with different colors and were sealed off. Treet handles are very nice and rare & look similar to Gem Jr parade, Treet is part of the A.S.R family of shaving products.
I really enjoy the Gem Junior 1912 Parade with the baton handle, it feels vary natural in my hand and nimble.

Gem Junior parade with baton handle.....................Treet with their baton handle that was sealed off. They also had black handles.
View attachment 1173293 View attachment 1173294
Have some great shaves!
That's an interesting Treet razor, thanks for sharing. Looks like everyone was getting into the game back then. My 1912 Parade cleaned up really nice. And I somehow had the matching brass handle hanging around; same thread, fits well.

parade.jpg

Top Bottom